Help--paying bills

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMLVT

Jan 12, 2004
How do people pay the electric bill when they are out of the country most of the year? I have a winter home in Cabarete. My neighbor just emailed me to let me know that the electric company was out to disconnect. I haven't paid a bill since I left in April. Does any one know if I can open up a checking account and have the electric company automatically deduct the bill each month. I'm not comfortable giving them my credit card number. Any suggestions?

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Help is here

There is a fantastic guy who has lived here for 7 years and has a business that will do that for you and more for your property, whatever you wish. I wouldnt trust Edenorte with your bank account details.

you can contact him on 829 404 8855

Feb 7, 2007
Your foreign credit card would most likely not work. Most DR utility/service companies do not accept foreign issued credit cards for some strange reasons. Codetel and Orange are among them.

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
It's just to pay a sufficient amount in advance. I have done this before I'm going away in the summer months for several years without any problems.
I also do the same thing with my internet subscription.

Feb 7, 2007
Codetel does, I pay every month with my cc. I think you mean to say you can't pay over the phone with a Foreign CC..

Yes you can pay on-location with foreign CC's.

Not over the phone or over the web, though. It was meant to indicate that restriction in re: OP, as he was trying to find a way to pay bills while he is away. Most utility companies now offe ronline billing, it's just they don't accept foreign issued CC for web or phone transactions. You have to get down there to their office to pay with your foreign CC, which is in no way help to the OP.

moviemouth

Jul 12, 2005
Online Payment

With an account at ScoitaBank you can set up for online payment to Edenorte and other utilities (check their website for the full list). For even greater flexibility, an account with BHD Bank can be set up to allow for online payments to accounts at most of the othe major banks in the country. Works like a charm!

kdeer

Mar 28, 2006
We also have a winter home in Cabarete...we have a management company that pays all our bills, takes care of the house (cleaning, pool, gardens etc.). It works great...we put X amount of money into our "account" with Amber Guardian and they then use it to pay the house expenses. They provide a monthly statement. They will also look after other things for us such as painting or repairs to the house.

Maggie6872

Jul 18, 2005
Your foreign credit card would most likely not work. Most DR utility/service companies do not accept foreign issued credit cards for some strange reasons. Codetel and Orange are among them.

Orange also accepts foreign credit cards- and will automatically process your invoice payment on a monthly basis.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.