Three Bachata questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
1) What nights is the Sosua Car Wash open?

2) What nights is Tipico Azucar open?

3) What are the good (Dominican) clubs/bars in PP that have Bachata music?

4) Any (domimican) clubs/resturants in Sosua/PP where they dance Salsa?

thanks
ctRob

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
1) What nights is the Sosua Car Wash open?

2) What nights is Tipico Azucar open?

3) What are the good (Dominican) clubs/bars in PP that have Bachata music?

4) Any (domimican) clubs/resturants in Sosua/PP where they dance Salsa?

thanks
ctRob

I guess we all know what you are looking for;)

A good car wash, huh!!!

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
In Puerto Plata IMHO the best 2 options are Rancho Tipico La Canita, Which is on Muelle(sp?); (the road that leads to the port) and Terraza Caribe, which is on the road which is one block over from Avenida Colon, in the area of the Brugal warehouse. La Canita draws a bigger crowd from what I've seen. Terraza Caribe is newer. Both play Bachata, Merengue and Salsa in a rotation with several of each style in a row.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
When I was there last (in May), Tipico Azucar was closed and for sale - it may well have changed since.

Gregg

Early or late May? I was there May 19 or 20, definately open and very crowded. Bummer if it's now closed.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
In Puerto Plata IMHO the best 2 options are Rancho Tipico La Canita, Which is on Muelle(sp?); (the road that leads to the port) and Terraza Caribe, which is on the road which is one block over from Avenida Colon, in the area of the Brugal warehouse. La Canita draws a bigger crowd from what I've seen. Terraza Caribe is newer. Both play Bachata, Merengue and Salsa in a rotation with several of each style in a row.

COOL, great info. I'll polish up my dancin shoes...:cheeky:

Sept 28th+ if anybody wants to join in...

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Early or late May? I was there May 19 or 20, definately open and very crowded. Bummer if it's now closed.

Now I'm confused... we are talking about Tipico Azucar in Montellano, right (or is there more than one).

It was early May because we came back on May 12. My friend who lives in Montellano was driving me and said that the reason it was closed was that a Cubano had opened another tipico almost next door and he was doing well while Tipico Azucar couldn't compete.

Gregg

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Now I'm confused... we are talking about Tipico Azucar in Montellano, right (or is there more than one).

It was early May because we came back on May 12. My friend who lives in Montellano was driving me and said that the reason it was closed was that a Cubano had opened another tipico almost next door and he was doing well while Tipico Azucar couldn't compete.

Gregg

Yes, Tipico Azucar in Montellano...big thatched roof right on the highway

Ok, now I started second-guessing myself, so I went to my passport and there are way too many trips to really figure it out....THEN I remembered the PICS ....I had taken some photos the nite we went to Tipico Azucar, and sure enough the date was 5/20/2007...so yes, they were definately open late May 2007....and hopefully still are

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
The Sosua Car Wash is open 7 days a week.

Tipico Azucar is open 7 days a week as is the place right next door. Fireguy - it was only closed a short time.

Puerto Plata:

Rancho Tipico Puerto Plata - open 7 nights a week, Best nights Friday to Sunday. They play a lot of merengue tipico, Bachata and Salsa. Large and open design, decent size dance floor, tends to attract a better crowd.

Rancho Tipico La Canita - open 7 nights a week. Good on weekends and Wednesday but Sunday is so Jammed there is barely room to dance. Same basic mix of music but with more salsa. If you are big on salsa this tends to be the better choice. Large and a bit less open, nice dance floor. Attracts a less affluent crowd ;)

Terraza Caribe - open 7 nights a week. Good on weekends only. During the week it is pretty quiet. Decent dance floor, decent crowd.

La Barrica - open 7 nights a week. Very very dark - can hardly see who you are with and well heck that is the point of the place. Dance floor is not level so if you are into dancing - skip this place.

I am almost always out 2 or 3 nights a week dancing so feel free to contact me if you want more info! And I can update you on live bands if there are any coming.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
The Sosua Car Wash is open 7 days a week.

La Barrica - open 7 nights a week. Very very dark - can hardly see who you are with and well heck that is the point of the place. Dance floor is not level so if you are into dancing - skip this place.

Sounds interesting, you go into a spin and end up somewhere else :) I will be checking it out...

I am almost always out 2 or 3 nights a week dancing so feel free to contact me if you want more info! And I can update you on live bands if there are any coming.

Thanks, I will definately give you a shout as my trip gets closer - thanks for the great info!!

ctRob

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Gregg, I went there looking for your marbles - none to be found....LOL

Glad to be of help especially when it comes to dancing.......

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Gregg, I went there looking for your marbles - none to be found....LOL

Glad to be of help especially when it comes to dancing.......

Planner,
Have you seen any posters re Bachata bands/concerts for that weekend? Sept 27, 28, 29 & 30

Or is it still too early? I'm an early planner. Heck, I'm already packed. :ermm:

gracias,
ctRoberto

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Way too early still for posters, don't worry I will keep my eyes open for you. Heck - I'll be doing it for me - I'll most likely be going to them too.

Status
Not open for further replies.