Let's try WHTI again - passports required for DR!

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Passports again required for Americans traveling to the DR effective October 1st.

"Airline passengers will once again need valid passports in order to travel between the U.S. and Bermuda, the Caribbean, Canada and Mexico starting Oct. 1, according to the Dept. of Homeland Security.

On Sept. 30, a temporary rule is set to expire that permitted travelers who had applied for but did not yet receive U.S. passports to proceed with trips to countries within the Western Hemisphere, so long as they had a government-issued photo ID and proof that their passport applications were pending."

Maybe the passport office can swim this time...

Gregg

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Good experience

Submitted my renewal application on Aug 13 via FedEx and received my passport Aug 25th. Paid $60 extra for their expedited service plus enclosed pre-paid overnite return envelope. At the height of the delays, I think their expedited service had slipped to 6 weeks or more.

Initial online status indicated "non-expedited" service. So, I called their 800#to check on status & believe it or not, once I got past the automated menu, my call was picked up by a representative on the 1st ring. The agent was very helpful in insuring and reasssuring me that I did have expedited service. FYI... my passport was shipped on a Saturday - one of the agents advised me they're working weekends at the moment.

Two later follow up status checks to the 800# were again answered on the first ring. The agents were very courteous, helpful with their information, actions, and status updates. Whoever organized the effort to get the delays resolved deserves a lot of credit in my opinion.

I can't say everyone would be as lucky, but the service I received was absolutely top notch. Honestly, not only phenomenal for a government office, but would rank at the top of any corporate customer service I've ever experienced.