Best Hotels that R "chica friendly"

Status
Not open for further replies.

dominicanatheart

Mar 25, 2007
A friend of mine took over ownership of coco hotel last yr, he is guest friendly , but not a revolving door ..... about a 10-15 min walk to Sosua beach, with a smaller beach about 5 min away. (I will check it out when I am down there in november, and write a review when I get back ) bu tif you want more info or contact info PM me

Welcome to Coco Hotel !

sosua1

Sep 24, 2006
coco hotel

How far is Coco Hotel from Rocky's New years eve bash? And is this a good hotel>Thanks

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
How far is Coco Hotel from Rocky's New years eve bash? And is this a good hotel>Thanks
It's probably a good hotel, but very overpriced.
Be aware that the prices shown on the website are per person, based on double occupancy.
Hotels like New Garden which isn't far out of town like Coco is, offer twice the value.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005

Good question, exactly where is Coco Hotel? Sosua-News gave the hotel a good review. The rooms are $40 per night double occupancy, but I think that is probably without air.

Sos?a-News

tgood1

Jan 1, 2005
Coco is on Alejo Martinez heading towards Playa Chiquita, its almost across from Hotel Atlantico or next to Pizzaria Alberto.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Good question, exactly where is Coco Hotel? Sosua-News gave the hotel a good review. The rooms are $40 per night double occupancy, but I think that is probably without air.

Sos?a-News
I'm not saying they deserve a bad review, but I've been trying to make it clear to you and others, that Sosua News is NOT a source of news.
It has nothing to do with news.
I could phone them up and tell them that my son just got nominated to the US supreme court, and they would print the story without checking any facts.
Furthermore, as a business owner, I could tell them that I make the best lobster dish on the North coast, and they will print that too.

That being said, I will repeat what I have said before.
Other hotels, that are not as far out of the center, offer bigger better equipped accommodations, for a lesser price.

Beads

Bronze
May 21, 2006
I'm not saying they deserve a bad review, but I've been trying to make it clear to you and others, that Sosua News is NOT a source of news.
It has nothing to do with news.
I could phone them up and tell them that my son just got nominated to the US supreme court, and they would print the story without checking any facts.
Furthermore, as a business owner, I could tell them that I make the best lobster dish on the North coast, and they will print that too.

That being said, I will repeat what I have said before.
Other hotels, that are not as far out of the center, offer bigger better equipped accommodations, for a lesser price.

Rocky is correct. Myself and a few others have checked out this hotel personally. They charge $40 for single occupancy. If you bring a girl in for any extended period or multiple chicas in one day expect them to ask you for an additional $40 for the night. $80 a night is rather expensive for a hotel in Sosua. There are a few in this range per night but youll get much higher end accommodations for that price.

Casa Cayena does a similar thing asking but asks for $60 up front and an additional $20 for an extra person. If they notice you with the same girl for an extended period of time they will ask for the extra $20 per night.

Whenever shopping for anything in the DR pretend your dealing with a used car salesmen!

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Casa Cayena does a similar thing asking but asks for $60 up front and an additional $20 for an extra person. If they notice you with the same girl for an extended period of time they will ask for the extra $20 per night.

Casa Cayena DOES NOT charge for guests, period.
Call Willie right now and ask him please 809-571-2651.
Why are you posting false information on here?

tambo'

Beads

Bronze
May 21, 2006
Casa Cayena DOES NOT charge for guests, period.
Call Willie right now and ask him please 809-571-2651.
Why are you posting false information on here?

tambo'

I am basing my information on emails received from Jose Osvaldo from the hotel when I made inquiries about staying there in July. It is also stated clearly as he made mention to on his website. So tell your buddy to change his website or when people email them and ask if his hotel is guest friendly not to tell people it is for $20 extra per day.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I thought you may have been basing your post on an actual experience, as usual, just another "Beads' tall tale".

Beads

Bronze
May 21, 2006
I thought you may have been basing your post on an actual experience, as usual, just another "Beads' tall tale".

It was based upon my inquiry via emails (which I still have) and the response their employee Jose Osvaldo gave me as well as him mentioning their rules on the website clearly in his email response. This seems like pretty valid information to a person who isn't drunk at this time of the morning looking for a hotel room.

Now being I intended on have guests paying $83 per night didn't sound like such a good rate for the room so I passed.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Coco Hotel, here are the rates from their website

20$ per person Double occupancy
30$ per person one room with fan
25$per person Double occupancy with fan

If staying within a two minute walk of the puta bars is not important than this maybe a good choice. Sure, I have never stayed there or seen Coco Hotel but the option should remain open.

As far as Casa Cayena goes, I have stayed there twice (Jan 06 and Aug 07) and have never paid an extra fee for a guest. She won't get a free breakfast. Casa Cayena needs to get the room A/Cs fixed!

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Coco Hotel, here are the rates from their website

20$ per person Double occupancy
30$ per person one room with fan
25$per person Double occupancy with fan

If staying within a two minute walk of the puta bars is not important than this maybe a good choice. Sure, I have never stayed there or seen Coco Hotel but the option should remain open.
You may not be understanding their rather creative way of saying that a room, whether you're alone, or with a guest, costs $50 US/night with AC.
Now, if you compare that with New Garden for instance, it's half the size, more expensive and too far away from the center to walk home.
If you still perceive this as a good deal, then you certainly have the right to your opinion.
I think it sucks.
We looked at that building, considering purchasing it.
We estimated that we would rent rooms without AC for 20 US/night, and with AC at $25, as the price would have had to be reasonable, in order to attract clients to such a far away location.
They now rent the rooms at exactly double what we planned to rent them at, had we purchased.
I have seen new guys try this approach to business, and one of two things can happen.
Either they will price themselves out of the market and go bankrupt, or wise up, and realize that it's better to be full at half the price, than empty at double the price.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
People should not be posting a room for two is $80 a night when in reality it is not. The best posible post would be from someone who has stayed there.

As I mentioned I mentally can not place exactly where it is but have a general idea. Some people love Voramar, have much further in the moon docks can you be?

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
People should not be posting a room for two is $80 a night when in reality it is not. The best posible post would be from someone who has stayed there.

As I mentioned I mentally can not place exactly where it is but have a general idea. Some people love Voramar, have much further in the moon docks can you be?
Voramar is even farther than Coco Hotel.
I don't know what their pricing is like, nor the size or luxury of their rooms, so I'll pass on any comments.
I do know that Coco's pricing on their website is made to be a bit confusing, as they would like to benefit from appearing very inexpensive, by pricing per person, based on double occupancy.
The price I mentioned above, is the correct price.
50 bux/night for a room with AC.
That's very pricey for one of those rooms.
Heck, the rooms at Rocky's are bigger.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
I do know that Coco's pricing on their website is made to be a bit confusing, as they would like to benefit from appearing very inexpensive, by pricing per person, based on double occupancy.
The price I mentioned above, is the correct price.
50 bux/night for a room with AC.
That's very pricey for one of those rooms.
Heck, the rooms at Rocky's are bigger.

I will agree with you on that fact. Maybe if they read this board they will change the format.

I have stayed at seven different hotels in Sosua and I have learned to pay for what I want. Whether I want a hotel with a pool or a hotel with a kitchen. Quite possibly I may want to be somewhere quiet or maybe right on top of "the action". Sometimes I may feel like a room where I can wake up and a minute later I will be looking at the ocean.

My final thought is that it should be left up to each individual to determine what they think is too expensive.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
The only problem with the Voramar is the distance to the beach and discos.

Other than this it is a great place with a pool and a bar. The rooms are HUGE with a/c and a fridge and it is tucked away from any main roads so those annoying motoconchos will not bother you while you are trying to sleep in late.

And guest friendly. Did I mention that?

Status
Not open for further replies.