Barcelo Bavaro Beach Hotel

MissDecember

Sep 12, 2007
I'm hoping I picked an ok hotel- The reviews I've read have been very mixed on the different travel sites. Has anyone been and can tell me their experience?

Thanks much
~M

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
NOT the best place to stay nowadays...there are many more newer hotels around...this place is really rundown...the food is not good, and the atmosphere in general has gone down a great deal!!!!!!TOO many drunk tourists in the pool/beach!!! Mostly from Miami!!!

Trust me, I know what I'm saying....

Feb 7, 2007
I agree, there are much better hotels for the similar price. Check out Ocean Blue, Barcelo Dominican Beach (former Ocean Bavaro) or Riu Bambu. Also check out Iberostar.

MissDecember

Sep 12, 2007
Barcelo Bavaro Beach

Really the pictures I saw of the Dominicana one seem a little more eh then the Bavaro Beach- God I wish I could stay at the Riu but Im so broke :(
Thanks for writing!

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Really the pictures I saw of the Dominicana one seem a little more eh then the Bavaro Beach- God I wish I could stay at the Riu but Im so broke :(
Thanks for writing!

Have fun. Please post how your trip went with all the juicy details.

Watch out for sankies, though!!!!! LOL (you know that already, right?);)

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
it's side by side with the Barcelo Bavaro Palace, 5 hotels in 1 resort.
been there on the beach when i came in on a friends sailboat last week, didn't look bad to me on no side, took some drinks on the beach hotel's beach bar, clients around been a nice and quiet mixture speaking several languages. my last time eating at a restaurant in the bavaro beach resort is a while ago, so i can't tell about that.
Mike

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
the barcelo bavaro palace is the 5star hotel within the barcelo bavaro beach resort. if you book there you can use all amenities/restaurants aso of all 5 hotels in the resort. it is a bit more quiet than the Beach or Caribe hotel, they are located side by side at the same bavaro beach. the only complains i hear about them lately is that during special weekends like spring brakes aso they have big crowds of students as clients which can be a bit more noisier than the regular clientel of the resort is. i like that resort and specially the beach area, it is the most beautiful beach area on the dominican east coast.
Mike

chuck1

Oct 4, 2007
We stayed at the Caisno last year with 5 couples and the resort was nicely laid out but the staff was horrible and rude. The food was ok. If you like to snorkel, you will be dissappointed. The water doesn't get vary deep and no coral only sea grass. We stayed at the Riu Nabioa the year before and it was amasing. We are going back to the Riu, not sure which in April 2008.

Hope this helps.

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Trust me...if anyone knows anything about So. Florida, Miami specifically, they might know what Hialeah is...

Ok, so now imagine you are in a public pool in Hialeah...THAT is what you're gonna get if you stay at ANY of those hotels in that resort...

There's a company here that has either bought them out completely, or at least seems to, because they book tons of flights out there all year long...and since the prices are not too bad, that is the kind of 'clientele' they bring down there!!!

I would NEVER go there!!!!

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Trust me...if anyone knows anything about So. Florida, Miami specifically, they might know what Hialeah is...

Ok, so now imagine you are in a public pool in Hialeah...THAT is what you're gonna get if you stay at ANY of those hotels in that resort...

There's a company here that has either bought them out completely, or at least seems to, because they book tons of flights out there all year long...and since the prices are not too bad, that is the kind of 'clientele' they bring down there!!!

I would NEVER go there!!!!

I lived in Miami for two LONG years.

You are right. i know what you mean!!!;)

Colonel

Jul 28, 2007
I was at Barcelo Bavaro Beach in September 2007. In my opinion it's very nice place. Wonderful beach, water. The food is good, diferent restorans, nice bars (CoCo). Disco whole night. Not bad rooms.