wifi again (exact question, no duplication)

kirillb

Oct 3, 2007
hi,

i am sorry to ask that even since it was talked over for 100s of times here, but:

we are going to stay in punta cana, melia caribe tropical. is there any free or payed wifi there OR within 10-15 minutes walk from the hotel? i need some internet regularly and i find some controversal information about the wifi in the hotel and arounds.

thanks in advance

Feb 7, 2007
To my knowledge, there's nothing within 10-15 mins walking distance OUTSIDE of the hotel.

Now, if there is a hotel inside, I do not know.

I know though, the new Royal Service suites do have wired Internet access in the rooms, for a daily fee of about 10 dollars.

kirillb

Oct 3, 2007
To my knowledge, there's nothing within 10-15 mins walking distance OUTSIDE of the hotel.

Now, if there is a hotel inside, I do not know.

I know though, the new Royal Service suites do have wired Internet access in the rooms, for a daily fee of about 10 dollars.

thanks for the reply

well, i will live in a generic, not royal room. was hoping to find something near the hotel.. though, maybe is access in the lobby.

Feb 7, 2007
Most of Bavaro/PUJ resorts have Internet cafes, but you have to use their computers. Few hotels have wifi access, and most of it is paid access. Riu Palace Punta Cana has free wifi in sports bar. The only free wifi within the hotel I have seen so far in Bavaro.

Feb 7, 2007
Mike, the email address won't help much, it is a general Solmelia web help-mail, not just for Melia Caribe Tropical.

kirillb

Oct 3, 2007
well, i have some experience in mailing to hotels so i did not even give it a try ))

even our tour operator was unable to get more info on wifi)

From Italy

Nov 21, 2007
Wi-Fi in Melia

Last time I was there (last wnter) they had a Wi-fi in the Business Center and in the lobby bar (working pretty well, BTW). It's less expensive than using their PC and it works 24/7 (almost!).