Dec 5, 2006
Try Acaya in Las Terranes

Excellent room and French food. No TV. About $60 for two. On the water

Janin

On Vacation....
Jul 31, 2007
Las Terrenas and the Cruise

Is that near the Pier?
No, it isn't as it's in Las Terrenas about an hour's drive from Saman? Town.
It should not be a problem to set out early and the stay at Punta Bonita Beach (Acaya or other hotels there) is definately worth the distance.
PM me for further details.

Janin

Andy B

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
www.elmarinique.com
It would be much better for you to stay in the city of Samana itself or even Las Galeras which is only 30 minutes away if you have to meet the boat early. In Samana there is the Bahia View hotel and others. Ask any taxi driver and they can show you what's available. There's also hotels between Samana and Las Galeras.

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
Try Las Ballenas Escondidas in Samana. I'm planning to stay there on my next trip.

Memo

Jul 30, 2005
Las Galeras
www.elotrowa.com
A hearty 2nd to your suggestion to stay with Las Ballenas Escondidas--plan to eat meals there also. In fact, if you plan to stay elsewhere, eat meals with Las Ballenas Escondidas anyway!

Andy B

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
www.elmarinique.com
In Samana city itself and about a 5 minute walk from the pier is Hotel Bahia View. They are inexpensive. There's also the Grupo Pinero Cayocoa overlooking the harbor and a few minutes further away. They however, are not cheap. Check the Grupo Pinero hotels website for more info. If I recall you are meeting the ship at 7:30am. Realistically, you can stay about as far away as Las Galeras if you want to ride in with a private taxi at 7am.