Trujillo Movie

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Does anyone know the full title of the new movie about Trujillo that has come out? and is it available here on CD yet? Its supposed to be very good but an awful eyeopener, telling his story from childhood onwards..... By good I mean it is supposed to be well made - not the content or what he did.

montreal

Bronze
Apr 17, 2006
From the OP's description it doesn`t sound like Fiesta del chivo. They said the film covers his childhood.

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Thanks Renato, no its not this one

Montreal, apparently it is quite recent in the USA and its tells the whole of his horrible history but actually begins in his childhood, these American friends said it was very good and very well made, but we cant remember the name.

anitaemma

Aug 25, 2006
It might be JEFE and it is 3-CD serie and we bought it in Puerto Plata from one street-salesman in a restaurant (probably illegal copy)

diane

Aug 28, 2005
Does anyone know the full title of the new movie about Trujillo that has come out? and is it available here on CD yet? Its supposed to be very good but an awful eyeopener, telling his story from childhood onwards..... By good I mean it is supposed to be well made - not the content or what he did.

Hi ladybird, on wikipedia it says that there is 2 movies on Trujillo: In the time of the butterflies (2001) and La fiesta del chivo (onscreen in 2006).Ciao!

trabajadora

Aug 29, 2007
Movie

Hmmmm, just this past Sunday night I happened upon a movie about Trujillo on TV Plata (Channel 3 in Puerto Plata). Unfortunately I didn't see it from the very beginning but it was in English and I think it may have been "In the time of the butterflies" because it was about a family with 4 sisters. The one sister who Trujillo wanted to "get with" eventually joined a revolutionary group trying to fight against his inhumane practices. Two of her other sisters ended up joining the organization. One girl was called Mariposa (butterfly) and when two of the girls were imprisoned, people would send her discreet messages of "long live the butterfly". Probably a lot of you guys already know the story, but it was new to me. Eventually, three of the sisters were slaughtered. Maybe it will be shown again on this channel soon.

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Hmmmm, just this past Sunday night I happened upon a movie about Trujillo on TV Plata (Channel 3 in Puerto Plata). Unfortunately I didn't see it from the very beginning but it was in English and I think it may have been "In the time of the butterflies" because it was about a family with 4 sisters. The one sister who Trujillo wanted to "get with" eventually joined a revolutionary group trying to fight against his inhumane practices. Two of her other sisters ended up joining the organization. One girl was called Mariposa (butterfly) and when two of the girls were imprisoned, people would send her discreet messages of "long live the butterfly". Probably a lot of you guys already know the story, but it was new to me. Eventually, three of the sisters were slaughtered. Maybe it will be shown again on this channel soon.

A friend brought it from Canada and lent it to me, it was very moving and fantastic. It prompted her to visit their home, which is now a museum in Salcedo, and they were very fortunate to be introduced to Dede the surviving sister, who is now apparently 83 years old. Im not sure if this was their original home or a replica built for posterity, perhaps HB or the other knowledgeable Dominicans could clarify this. Or it may be the Casa de Patria
that was the replica built.
Isnt November 15 or 17 now recognised as violence against women day because of the sisters brave actions.

trabajadora

Aug 29, 2007
A friend brought it from Canada and lent it to me, it was very moving and fantastic. It prompted her to visit their home, which is now a museum in Salcedo, and they were very fortunate to be introduced to Dede the surviving sister, who is now apparently 83 years old. Im not sure if this was their original home or a replica built for posterity, perhaps HB or the other knowledgeable Dominicans could clarify this. Or it may be the Casa de Patria
that was the replica built.
Isnt November 15 or 17 now recognised as violence against women day because of the sisters brave actions.

Glad you were able to get the movie. So was it the same one (In the time of the Butterflies)? I tend to be a channel surfer and since my last post about it, I've seen the movie on t.v. two more nights. Interesting about the surviving sister.

Anyway, on another note: Have a great Christmas and New Years!

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Glad you were able to get the movie. So was it the same one (In the time of the Butterflies)? I tend to be a channel surfer and since my last post about it, I've seen the movie on t.v. two more nights. Interesting about the surviving sister.

Anyway, on another note: Have a great Christmas and New Years!

And the same to you very peaceful Christmas and 2008.
Which channel numbers are you seeing the movie on? Is this on cable tv or sat? I want to see it again.

trabajadora

Aug 29, 2007
And the same to you very peaceful Christmas and 2008.
Which channel numbers are you seeing the movie on? Is this on cable tv or sat? I want to see it again.

Ladybird: I've seen it 3 times now on TV Plata (cable) which is channel 3.:bunny: