Rocky's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
Hola everyone :classic:

I always heard all this talk about the famous breakfast and ribs from Rocky's. So I just had to go!!! :classic:

Very delicious indeed!!!

Rocky, it was great to meet you. You have a fantastic restaurant!!!

Entrance to Rocky's I can already smell those yummy ribs!!! :bunny:
68x8hw.jpg

Business card
2lj037d.jpg

There are around 50 breakfast dishes to choose from. I chose #34 because I am a huge fan of Big Papi, David Ortiz lol
If I remember correctly, the meal (including coffee) was only 105 pesos.
I went here with three great Canadian friends of mine. And I met a cool guy from Finland :)
207t7r5.jpg

A

apostropheman

Peter, from Finland, was a very cool guy. i kept running into him too. hopefully he'll become a member here, if he isn't already.

CommTHOR

Nov 7, 2005
Wow... looks quite different from the last time I was there - (Oct. 2006) Paintjob on the facade looks great. A couple more days of anticipation...

You could paint the place in dayglo for all I cared tho... as long as the food is great, the company if great, and Marco still owns the place, I'll be there every time I head down to the area. Always had a great time there, and Marco has always gone far and above the level of service expected.

RenatoSosua

Bronze
Nov 8, 2006
groups.yahoo.com
January and February last I was there every morning for breakfast, every thing is good and always a good Buenos Dias from Marco. Very friendly restaurant also with Internet WiFi.
Marco I'll see you next January and this time for 3 months... Hummm!

sunny2

Apr 7, 2006
If I wasn't already feeling bad because I can't get to the DR in 2008, I feel even worse and add to that I am now hungry.

Silver1126

May 19, 2007
Yummy! I think I might gain weight this trip too!!!! I will hopefully be in there on Dec. 7th on my way to Rio San Juan :D

Finn_ish

Oct 20, 2007
Rocky's menu

Hola,
I pretty much went through the whole menu during my 2.5 week stay, and the food was really great.
I guess I should have taken a picture of every dish and given them points :)

However, it was not the food alone that made the place. The people I met there were just awesome, even the canadians (and a korean) who kidnapped me and took me away in their 4x4...

-Peter (from Finland)...

A

apostropheman

nice to see you posting here! :)

remember, not all Canadians are kidnappers :cheeky:
(some of us just like to sit at the BIG table and annoy the Texans):bunny::bunny::bunny:

the food is a strong selling feature at Rocky's but the atmosphere and the people you meet are as much, or more, important...and the food is excellent!

Finn_ish

Oct 20, 2007
Texans

Well,

The Texans asked me a couple of time if they could drive me to the airport (right away)... knowing my flight would be in a week or so... so they equally nice I guess.

-Peter

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
Hola,
I pretty much went through the whole menu during my 2.5 week stay, and the food was really great.

However, it was not the food alone that made the place. The people I met there were just awesome, even the canadians (and a korean) who kidnapped me and took me away in their 4x4...

-Peter (from Finland)...

Hey Peter, how are you doing? :classic:

Its me, the Korean guy whom you met at Rocky's. :chinese:

How was your trip? Did you get the chance to visit Santo Domingo?

It was great to meet you. :classic:

Have a nice weekend.

A

apostropheman

if we're talking about the same people, one half of that equation is also Canadian :) ...but far better looking than i or the group that kidnapped you:cheeky:
Well,

The Texans asked me a couple of time if they could drive me to the airport (right away)... knowing my flight would be in a week or so... so they equally nice I guess.

-Peter
i hope you enjoyed your stay in the DR and will return...soon!

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
Hola,

-Peter (from Finland)...

What do you mean "even the Canadians"... I'm sure you didn't mean it to sound that way but what the heck... LOL. I think Canadians are some of the friendliest people in the DR (tourists and expats - IMHO - no bias of course :) I've never had a bad experience at Rocky's and think every tourist looking for "the" restaurant/rendezvous place to visit should stop in!

Finn_ish

Oct 20, 2007
Sorry if someone did not understand our inside jokes.

Anyhow, I was refering to the Canadians who kidnapped me and there was just 3 of them (and a Korean).

But I sure think that the Canadians are sweet and cuddly :) as are the Texans...and the Koreans... and btw everyone you meet there...

However, this kidnapping of me and then the story of the jehovas that were kept locked up in the condo would require a new thread since it has nothing to do with Rocky's. So I will drop it for now to prevent further missunderstandings :)

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
What do you mean "even the Canadians"... I'm sure you didn't mean it to sound that way but what the heck... LOL. I think Canadians are some of the friendliest people in the DR (tourists and expats - IMHO - no bias of course :) I've never had a bad experience at Rocky's and think every tourist looking for "the" restaurant/rendezvous place to visit should stop in!

You totally misunderstood Finn_ish. :)

Finn_ish is one of the most mature and professional guys I have ever met.

Ben

Feb 2, 2004
Great pictures, Potato Salad! I've been to Rocky's many times for breakfast but it looks like I' ve missed out on other great menu items. My new years resolution will be to catch up with other posters on the ribs & garlic chicken when I come down in January.

Status
Not open for further replies.