Nurseries/Primary schools Sosua and Rio San Juan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thegirlnextdoor

Feb 22, 2007
Are there nurseries/pre schools in the Dominican Republic, or do children go straight into proper schools?

Also can anyone give me some names of primary schools (and nurseries if applicable) in either Sosua or San Juan?!

Thank you :)

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Are there nurseries/pre schools in the Dominican Republic, or do children go straight into proper schools?

Also can anyone give me some names of primary schools (and nurseries if applicable) in either Sosua or San Juan?!

Thank you :)
There certainly are in Sosua, and I assume there must be in RSJ, as well.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Nurseries?

Do you by any change have any names?
I don't have any names and I was referring more to pre-school, like for 4 & 5 year olds.
Are you talking about one of these places where you drop babies off for the day?
If so, I know of nothing like that, but it may exist.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I'm really hoping that someone else knowledgeable on the matter chimes in soon.
I don't have kids, and know very little about this.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I can't speak for that area of the DR, but pre-schools are common in the DR, usually private center and not expensive. My wife has 110 preschoolers in her school in Jarabacoa.
Taken from DR1 INFO:
The Garden Kids School
Children aged 5–11 years (pre-kindergarten to Grade 4).

The International School of Sosua
ISS is accredited by SACS, located in Sosua, and serves the communities of Sosua, Cabarete, and Puerto Plata. It has Grades Pre-K through Grade 12 and offers diploma programs from both the US and Dominican Republic. Courses are taught in English and teachers are certified in their field.
Website: International School Sosua - Working Together to Give our Children the Best Education

Santo Domingo:

Last edited:

jwhanleyjr

Aug 8, 2007
www.godleadsus.com
From my experience kids go straight into school; however, classes start as young as 3, often refered to as maternal, 4 year olds are in kindergarten, and 5 year olds are in pre-primero. I have not heard of a pre-school or nursery in Sosua simiar to what we would see in North America. The school day is also typically half a day for the younger children. Colegio Nueva Vida is a private school in Sosua; however, it is a Spanish-speaking program. You can reach the offices of Nueva Vida at 809-571-1429.

Status
Not open for further replies.