Noel in Samana

benetlyne

Feb 2, 2003
Hi all

Did the storm Noel affect Samana or did it just pass as wind. Planning a trip there in January.

Thanks

Ben:nervous:

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Reports are that Samana has not gotten the big rains that have hit the south and the central areas. No problem for January.

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
Just regular rainy days in Las Terrenas... No big deal around here, just wet and gray...

windrifter

Dec 29, 2004
Anybody have info on conditions in Sabaneta de Yasica. I understand the bridge washed out and they were hit pretty hard by flooding. My girfriend has family there and both her and her husband own houses and a store on the outskirts of town on river property. They have not been able to reach anyone by phone as yet so any info would be appreciated, we only know what the papers are reporting so far. thanks.

elizabeth

jomok33

Nov 3, 2007
We are renting a car in Santo Domingo and driving to the Samana peninsula next week. We are trying to get information on the condition of the roads between the two places. Did Hurricane Noel damage the road from south to north? How long a drive should we expect?

Thanks!

lancaster girl

Oct 22, 2007
several days ago roads didn't look good from the plane which i took flying from samana to san domingo. also, how i understand, to fix them will take a lot of time....

babasse

Nov 5, 2007
Hello everybody,
I'm french and I have to go to LAS TERRENAS (Gran Bahia Principe El Portillo) at the end of December. Do you think there will be a problem (because of NOEL) ? Do you think I must delete my holidays ? i don't think so but I would like to be sure. Thanks in advance for your answers.

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
Hello everybody,
I'm french and I have to go to LAS TERRENAS (Gran Bahia Principe El Portillo) at the end of December. Do you think there will be a problem (because of NOEL) ? Do you think I must delete my holidays ? i don't think so but I would like to be sure. Thanks in advance for your answers.
Tout va bien ? Las Terrenas (j'y vis...). Nous n'avons subi aucune inondation. Seulement de la pluie. Il fait beau maintenant, et les choses sont compl?tement normales.
En vous souhaitant de belles vacances dans notre r?gion !

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Tout va bien ? Las Terrenas (j'y vis...). Nous n'avons subi aucune inondation. Seulement de la pluie. Il fait beau maintenant, et les choses sont compl?tement normales.
En vous souhaitant de belles vacances dans notre r?gion !

ou lala tres bien squat, oui.;)

babasse

Nov 5, 2007
Merci super sympa pour la r?ponse. Par contre, n'h?sitez pas ? me donner des nouvelles du coin de temps en temps. Tiens une autre question quelle sera la temp?rature fin D?cembre j'imagine qu'il fera tr?s chauc cool tant mieux.