Cabarete Nov.6-13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cdncpl

Oct 31, 2007
Just wondering if the Cabarete area was affected at all by the storm and if anyone might have info on hotel Paraiso del Sol that my be usefull. It will be our first time staying in this area.
Thanks
T&N

LaMoreniita

Oct 11, 2007
I was in Cabarete Just Last Week while the storm was preparing, there was heavy rains and wind but that was about it. Friends told me everything was ok over there. As of Paraiso Del Sol, I heard some good and some bad reviews, some locals told me it was dirty.. I don't know as I have never stayed there because it is kind of far from the city. I just passed near and it seamed nice So when you come back tell me about it!!

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
The storm has essentially been a rain event for Cabarete.

Windy, but less so than in a good thunderstorm.

Highest winds today, gusts a little over 30mph.
Highest winds in last week were about 35mph.
iWindsurf.com - Cabarete Bay Current Wind

All should be cleared out by the time you're here (I hope!).

Paraiso del Sol is about 2.5km east of Cabarete. I'm not familiar with the hotel itself, but I think it's okay. The area was one of the earlier in the area to be developed and is showing it's age a little, but no reason you can't enjoy yourself. I know people that live out there.

Be cautious with the ocean there. Currents can be very strong.

Do come into the town of Cabarete early in your trip. For breakfast, lunch, dinner, a drink, or just to lay out on the beach or swim (calm water). The reason I say 'early in your trip - if you enjoy it, you'll have the chance to come back more than once.

Cdncpl

Oct 31, 2007
Thanks so much for the info....We definitely plan on going into town, maybe even daily. I have read that alot of the bars/restaurants have free wifi and we may need to do a little work online from time to time...We are also not the type to stick to the hotel on vacation...more explorers....Thanks again!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.