dislende

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
My wife and I live in Puerto Plata and NEED someone to perform a deslinde for us. Can you provide a name and contact? I was also referred to a German man that speaks English, when I spoke to him over a month ago he said he would do it but would have to call me back, he never did. So any other contact would really help.

thanks Phil & Gerry

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
My wife and I live in Puerto Plata and NEED someone to perform a deslinde for us. Can you provide a name and contact? I was also referred to a German man that speaks English, when I spoke to him over a month ago he said he would do it but would have to call me back, he never did. So any other contact would really help.

thanks Phil & Gerry
Any real estate lawyer can recommend one in your area.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago

thanks Phil & Gerry

If you are talking about Horsht, give him a call again. If he can't do it for you I'm sure he knows someone on that side of the island.

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
I did call Horsht around a month ago. We discussed the size of the lot and he said he would have to get back to me. I never heard from him again. Perhaps its not large enough or in his area of work. Any other folks you can think of?

Curt Erickson

DR1 Real Estate
Sep 11, 2007
If you would like to drop me a line, I would be happy to recommend some folks for you.

curt@dr1.com

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Getting a deslinde is not a quick nor easy process and at min. 6 months and can take 2 or 3 years.

Certified original titles (or certified copies) are checked and searched in POP or SDQ. A few years ago, the original paper titles where scanned into a comp. system with the paper distroyed... many not done properly and show....nothing.

Surveys, if on file (same scanning problem), must be checked again with another survey. The title corner points/lines must match the survey.

All abutters (everyone that has a common land line) must be notified and givin the chance to inspect and opportunity to object.

Then the dept. of land measures (sorry, I don't remember the correct name) inspects and may go the the property to inspect and measure again.

Then it goes to... who the heck knows, and sits on a desk.

Keep in mind that survey and title points may not be there anymore and that IF using points from another deslinde for a starting point IT may be wrong. The North Coast has had this problem of "moving land" for a long time.

After using a couple of different surveryors for may deslindes, I found that the best is Maira Kunhardt de Olivares; 809-582-0221. 3rd generation surveyor, land atty., speaks english and has best/newest equip. Also has one of the most respected reputations in the D.R. (You can ask our DR1 Atty, they know her and her work.)

Regards and good luck, Ringo

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
A deslinde is more than just a survey. It is an official determination by the Land Court that a property has a certain physical location. It involves the following steps:

a) The owner contracts with the surveyor to do the deslinde.
b) The surveyor petitions the Land Court to authorize the deslinde.
c) Once this authorization is obtained, the surveyor proceeds to submit the plot plan he has previously made to the General Surveyor's Section of the Land Court for approval.
d) The plot plan must be submitted with a letter from the owner acknowledging that the plan is correct.
e) The General Surveyor's Section reviews and approves or rejects the plan submitted by the surveyor.
f) If approved, the Land Court issues a second authorization ordering the Registrar of Titles to issue a new title to the owner.
g) The Registrar of Titles issues a new title.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Did I miss something? Last two posts, 11 & 12, don't make sense. What got deleted and why?

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
And if you can answer that question, Robert, would you mind also giving us next week's lottery numbers, please?

Which lottery ??? I want the Province of Quebec 6-49. 35 000$ millions canadian next Wednesday. Yes yes, thirty five millions canadian dollars. Of course it's non-taxable and not by instalments.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.