coffee

Status
Not open for further replies.

city of champions

Jan 5, 2007
This is a very random question, but... When I visited Cabarete last spring, I went on a tour to the 27 waterfalls. On the way, we visited a place where we helped grind coffee beans, then sampled the coffee, had wine with honey, and held a snake and a parrot. Random information, I know, but just wondered if someone might recognize where that was, because the coffee we sampled was probably the best coffee I've ever had. This is a long shot but I just didn't know if maybe I could order the coffee from somewhere?

Sorry for the randomness, thanks in advance!

Kateinyork

Mar 8, 2007
www.facebook.com
This is a very random question, but... When I visited Cabarete last spring, I went on a tour to the 27 waterfalls. On the way, we visited a place where we helped grind coffee beans, then sampled the coffee, had wine with honey, and held a snake and a parrot. Random information, I know, but just wondered if someone might recognize where that was, because the coffee we sampled was probably the best coffee I've ever had. This is a long shot but I just didn't know if maybe I could order the coffee from somewhere?

Sorry for the randomness, thanks in advance!

Sory I can't help on that - but interested to see where it was as its sounds like a nice place. And you'll hear me say this alot on here - Dominican coffee is the best ;) I bring some back to the UK everytime!

gibbs

May 31, 2005
You might want to try the Central board as the coffee in Jarabacoa is the best.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Probably not.
Where you were must have been a local place that toasts its own coffee and grinds it there. A heavenly combination for sure. I do hope that someone can remember just where this place is. People who have visited the Damajagua Falls should remembber.
Fingers crossed.

HB

kdeer

Mar 28, 2006
We did this tour a year ago and I remember it well ... I hate snakes .... it was part of one of the safari tours and they stopped at a small village. I don't know the name but I do have a picture of it. If I knew how to post it it might help you find what you are looking for.

city of champions

Jan 5, 2007
Thanks for trying everyone! I knew it'd be a long shot...guess I'll just have to go back there to have some more of the delicious coffee!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.