This is a question for Hollywood from drroyal2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

drroyal2000

Aug 22, 2004
Hey Hlywood

Just wondering why do you think it will change in the next few month?:paranoid: Just wondering because I will be putting some more money in the bank in the banco central.

Thank you;)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Maybe he thinks you are a money guru?

Money in the Central Bank: Usually a fair investment. No longer paying 60% APR (that was back in 2004, and then only for a month at that rate. Things got better, and rates have fallen consistently since then.)

HB

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Maybe he thinks you are a money guru?

Money in the Central Bank: Usually a fair investment. No longer paying 60% APR (that was back in 2004, and then only for a month at that rate. Things got better, and rates have fallen consistently since then.)

HB
The OP has a tendency to not even check for replies to his/her questions.
Asked an exchange rate question which I replied to, then reposted the same question 4 days later, complaining that it his/her question had been deleted.
Maybe the OP does not understand how to navigate the site and get email advisories of his/her questions.

drroyal2000

Aug 22, 2004
Hey Rocky!!!

I know who you are, I think I met you in a restaurant, when I was with my baby and my wife and you where a typical loud american. I remember clearly because you where asking us to visite you at your bar and all that junk. It shows on your answer when you try to help people out. If you where not mention in my questions, well don't bother answering any more of mine. So that way I avoid you and don't waste any more of my time:tired: or yours. I know there is plenty of more questions to be answered, so go help them and lets leave it at that,OP.

drroyal2000

Aug 22, 2004
Hy Hillbilly

By the way not all american are the same, everybody is an individual. (To the DR1 people)

Yeah Hillbilly, I remember when that happen and knew a few guy's that put some money and got a great return. My question to Hollywood was about the exchange rate, which he answered (than you), but he said that it would be changing in the next 5 month. I don't know if he was talking about the exchange rate or the central bank % interest. Can you please let me know Hollywood, if you have a chance and ty

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I know who you are, I think I met you in a restaurant, when I was with my baby and my wife and you where a typical loud american. I remember clearly because you where asking us to visite you at your bar and all that junk..
You must be confusing me with Escott, aka Scott, aka Snotty.
If you research your own posts (click on your DR1 name, and a subsequent window will open, offering you to view all your posts) you will see that the info I posted above is accurate.
You asked in one thread for the exchange rates for traveler's checques, both in US and CDN funds.
The following morning, I made a phonecall and got you the info, then posted it.
Not only did you not acknowledge my reply, you started a new thread a few days later, asking the same question, complaining that you had been deleted, which is not true.
You may be having difficulty navigating the site, and I do understand that, but you need not be accusatory, when it is you who in fact, is misinformed.
Blaming others for your inadequacies is not a very endearing quality.
I do however appreciate how gross an encounter it may have been for you to have run into escott and his loudmouth ways, but I am not him, and, like I said, if you research all your posts, you will find that I was the one who got you the answers to your questions.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I know who you are, I think I met you in a restaurant, when I was with my baby and my wife and you where a typical loud american. I remember clearly because you where asking us to visite you at your bar and all that junk. It shows on your answer when you try to help people out. If you where not mention in my questions, well don't bother answering any more of mine. So that way I avoid you and don't waste any more of my time:tired: or yours. I know there is plenty of more questions to be answered, so go help them and lets leave it at that,OP.

I k now a lot about the loud Americans-including Rocky-an ex Alabama boy.
(Where do you think he learned how to make ribs) Yeah and all the help he has given to 100's of people and kids--heck--what do we care?
BTW--do you know any loud Canadians? Want to meet some of them real soon.
So what was your question???

JE note to file where=were

drroyal2000

Aug 22, 2004
Hey Rocky

Yeah, I did look at my question, I know how to navigate the site, but I just read another post with your reply, you have to be more careful about your words. People don't see your facial expresion or your tonn of voice, but the way you answer sometimes is just very abrupt and a "I know it all kind of way". My brother is the same way, he think he is write and will keep saying stuff until you walk away or just say "ok you are right".
Sorry about some of my chosen words. But we are here to help each other and not laugh, insult or any negativity about new or old people on the site. I have been going to DR for also 16 years, I have a house there, I live 5 month a years also. So please lets get along and help each other and not **** each other off.;)

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Yeah, I did look at my question, I know how to navigate the site, but I just read another post with your reply, you have to be more careful about your words. People don't see your facial expresion or your tonn of voice, but the way you answer sometimes is just very abrupt and a "I know it all kind of way". My brother is the same way, he think he is write and will keep saying stuff until you walk away or just say "ok you are right".
Sorry about some of my chosen words. But we are here to help each other and not laugh, insult or any negativity about new or old people on the site. I have been going to DR for also 16 years, I have a house there, I live 5 month a years also. So please lets get along and help each other and not **** each other off.;)
Works for me.
I may be a bit pragmatic at times, but I deal with so many questions on a daily basis, that I place more importance on stating the facts, than my tone.
No biggy.
As long as we're straight, and that you know that I'm not the guy you met in the restaurant.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
OIC: Exchange rates....That is a whole nuther world.

Right now the dollar is at an all time low against the Cdn $; the Euro and the pound.

With the DR$peso tied to the dollar, it seems that there will be more Cdn; Euros and pounds equaling many more pesos....

I certainly would never recommend playing the exchange market...

HB

Status
Not open for further replies.