best places to eat in sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

naturelover

favo(u)rite places to eat in sosua..........Id be interested to hear other peoples favourites as I seem to be getting into stuck into going to the same few

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Red dot marks the spot.

utuut600x440.jpg

N

naturelover

ah yes ...it looked too posh for the likes of me....might try it this week with friends (dont laugh i have got some)

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
ah yes ...it looked too posh for the likes of me....might try it this week with friends (dont laugh i have got some)
I did say upscale.
It's certainly not cheap.
If it makes you feel better, I've never eaten there either, but if I wanted an upscale restaurant in Sosua, that's where I would go.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
I agree with Rocky, I have eaten there and the food is very good, but it will be a more expensive meal than you are used to. Well worth a try though.

Bob K

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Best seafood restaurant in Sosua hands down is Restaurant El Batey. It is across from the Residential Condos on Pedro Clisante. The lobster is the finest anywhere. Try the Lobster Crema. Not cheap but fine dining.

Pedro Clisante #100
809-571-2910.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Best seafood restaurant in Sosua hands down is Restaurant El Batey. It is across from the Residential Condos on Pedro Clisante. The lobster is the finest anywhere. Try the Lobster Crema. Not cheap but fine dining.

Pedro Clisante #100
809-571-2910.
From what people say around here, they all agree with your assessment/recommendation.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Some other good ones are:

Las Canas. They have a Swiss Chef (Hansie) who makes five star dishes at 2 star prices. Very good, nice setting.

Rocky's of course for Ribs.

My sleeper:

Orchidee. Behind the supermarket next to Rocky's. Very good German chef. Different specials every day, very reasonable prices, nice atmosphere.

N

naturelover

i never know when las canas is going to be open ive been twice when it was shut and once when open ....i thought it was very good

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Some other good ones are:

Las Canas. They have a Swiss Chef (Hansie) who makes five star dishes at 2 star prices. Very good, nice setting.

Rocky's of course for Ribs.

My sleeper:

Orchidee. Behind the supermarket next to Rocky's. Very good German chef. Different specials every day, very reasonable prices, nice atmosphere.
Again, I have to say that most folks around here agree with your recommendations of Las Canas & Orchidee.
I'm quite impressed by this thread on the whole.
Often times, "Best of" threads are littered with bad recommendations, for whatever reason, and I'm not really in a position to say anything about it, as some folks may think I have a special agenda, what with me also owning a restaurant.
Anyhow, good job, Sky.

N

naturelover

i think orchidee might be fed of of seeing me there lol .....the waitress in there is a very nice lady and the owner is also very nice

N

naturelover

I also like el chocos for a non-fancy meal which is a little further out of Sosua

i enjoyed rockies but everyone left as i arrived lol ...so we were on our own

N

naturelover

whats the food like at sosua by the sea if anyone can go in

Status
Not open for further replies.