Are BELLA VISTA, CIUDAD AGRARIA, INVIVIENDA, and KM 14 good neigborhoods to live in?

live_for_life

Mar 4, 2007
Are BELLA VISTA, CIUDAD AGRARIA, INVIVIENDA, and KM 14 good neigborhoods to live in santo domingo? I found some apartments on the internet at listin.com.do in santo domingo asking bewtween RD 3000 to 8000. Are those good prices for apartments? How hard will it be get to the water,electric bills, and gas bills in my name? I am a US citizen moving to santo domingo on a trial basis to see if I can handle living in the santo domingo on a permanent basis.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Bella Vista is a nice middle/upper middle class neighbourhood, near the Parque Mirador Sur. The others are much poorer areas further away from the centre.

I'd be surprised to see anything on offer for as little as RD$8,000 in Bella Vista, though - I would expect the most modest apartments to be at least twice that. Unless there is another Bella Vista?

live_for_life

Mar 4, 2007
Is VISTA BELLA, Villa Mella the same place as VISTA BELLA?

Is VISTA BELLA, Villa Mella the same as VISTA BELLA? That is what the ads says in the newspaper.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
NO, they are quite different and quite far apart. None of those places would be suitable for you....
Just watching you and reading your posts, makes me think you are a bit too idealistic at this stage...three visits in three years? My oh my....and you say you know the country>?
Hummm...I think that the light at the end of the tunnel might just be the 5:10 from Amityville...

HB

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
I have seen ads for places in areas like Bella Vista for something like 8000, and checked one or two out, but they turned out to be 'studios', very small rooms, in a family's house, with a makeshift shower. Not really independent apartments. For 3000 I can't imagine anything...

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Is VISTA BELLA, Villa Mella the same as VISTA BELLA? That is what the ads says in the newspaper.
The neighborhood in Villa Mella is Buena Vista (I and II) and I wouldn't live there. It's a very inconvenient location and there are large numbers of idle tigres looking for trouble. That goes as well for the other places you mentioned.

Hillbilly is right.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Capital-based posters, let's see if we can make up a list of centrally located neighbourhoods where it is still possible to find apartments for rent for relatively low prices.

I would say: Cacique, some parts of Mirador Sur, Mirador Norte, Gazcue, Ciudad Nueva, Zona Colonial, Evaristo Morales, Paraiso.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Capital-based posters, let's see if we can make up a list of centrally located neighbourhoods where it is still possible to find apartments for rent for relatively low prices.

I would say: Cacique, some parts of Mirador Sur, Mirador Norte, Gazcue, Ciudad Nueva, Zona Colonial, Evaristo Morales, Paraiso.
Zona Universitaria

L

LarrySpencer

Invivienda? Run! Unless you like living in the projects!