finding an apartment in puerto plata

honeybunch

Aug 1, 2007
can anyone help me out with finding a decent apartment, furnished, utilities, etc. one bedroom is fine. Puerto plata, cabarete, santiago or santo domingo areas. It all depends on where i can find work of course.

just wondering who i can contact about finding a place to find out the cost of rent and so on. i dont know where to start to find a decent apartment in a safe area of course.

ive read rent is anywhere from 1200 - 15000 pesos per month. im looking for something around 200 canadian per month, is that even possible?

Janin

On Vacation....
Jul 31, 2007
Work First

....finding a decent apartment... It all depends on where i can find work of course.

Tranquila.
First find work.

Didn't you say you wanted to come for one month only?
If so, I'd recommend a hotel.

Janin

caro

Sep 24, 2003
your boyfriend can help you for here in POP ?

or stay in hotel for 1 week and look with him if you are afraid he don t look for the right thing or do it alone walk and ask around in a area you like .

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
your boyfriend can help you for here in POP ?

or stay in hotel for 1 week and look with him if you are afraid he don t look for the right thing or do it alone walk and ask around in a area you like .
That's always the best way.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
can anyone help me out with finding a decent apartment, furnished, utilities, etc. one bedroom is fine. Puerto plata, cabarete, santiago or santo domingo areas. It all depends on where i can find work of course.
i dont know where to start to find a decent apartment in a safe area of course.

ive read rent is anywhere from 1200 - 15000 pesos per month. im looking for something around 200 canadian per month, is that even possible?
I am somewhat concerned at your preparation work honeybunch ...... or your mathematics!! You state you have read that apartments cost from RD $1,200 - RD $15,000 & then ask if something can be found for HALF that figure (Cdn $200 x 33.20 MAX = RD $6,640 per month)

IF yo are determined to make a go of it, come down with Cdn $5,000 (minimum), look around at your possibilities & THEN make a decision based on your new low income, the area you wish to live in, & having got to know the cost of living here. Is your boyfriend Dominican or from Canada? If from down here, surely HE knows places that are available? My advice would be to take his figure & then double it to attain some level of comfort & acceptability to you. ~ Grahame.