Live music in Boca Chica

fishking

Nov 27, 2007
I?m going to be in Boca Chica from January 17 to the 23. Is there live music in Boca Chica. I love Latin Music and would love to see big band with horns and the whole show but will take what I can get. I know there is lots of music in Santo Domingo but I?m unsure of getting back at night and would love to be able to stumble back to my hotel.

COTTON

Oct 4, 2005
I don't know about live music but there is lots of loud music.Hey fishking I will be there Jan.17th maybe we drink a presidente or two or however many.

Ruben

Aug 19, 2007
Me Too

I will be there February 16-24 and I would enjoy a few cold ones. Anyone interested in going to the capital?

Ruben

fishking

Nov 27, 2007
Looking forward to a presidente

I'm planning on going to Santa Domingo at once or twice probably during the day to visit the Malec?n and the Colonial Zone. In looking at the posts it's not that easy to get back later at night. I also have a trip planned to Jarabaoca, a town in the mountains, for Monday. I'm staying at the Oasis Hamaca but will be venturing out to see the townand wander around. I'm certainly open to sharing a cervesa with a fellow traveler. I actually lived in the DR 30 years ago but haven?t been back since so I?m looking forward to seeing what?s the same and what?s different.

ben jammin

Aug 3, 2007
just did the same trip... watch out for the coconuts in boca chica(one almost killed my wife) do the river rafting in jarabacoa if you have time it's a blast and have a great time while there;)

juanj

Dec 8, 2007
will be visiting dr in dec 2007 - is boca chica as much fun in december as in summer?

Frenki

Oct 31, 2007
just did the same trip... watch out for the coconuts in boca chica(one almost killed my wife) do the river rafting in jarabacoa if you have time it's a blast and have a great time while there;)

good advice !
every year 150 people around the world get killed by coconuts..
I will bring motorbike helmet with me on the BC beach :)

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
anyhoo...back to the OP.

Yes...there is sometimes live music in BC. But not on a regular basis. when i was there in march there was a big party for the aniversary of a colmado...and a big stage and some damn good bacheteros and some regeaton. Nice mix of locals and tourist with the locals being the majority. When i was there in sept...there was another live event for the Festival de Mercedes. Also...in May Frank Reyes performed live near by.

It would be nice if they set up something on a regular basis (say every saturday) there that would be nice for both tourists and locals.

Boca Chica could be SOOO cool if they just worked on sprucing up the night life a little bit.