Dirty Water in Villa Sombrero (near Bani)

cocoleka

Sep 7, 2007
Greetings to all! I need some urgent feedback.

I am in the process of purchasing a small piece of land on the beach ina small pueblo called Villa Sombrero near Bani. I was curious why the water there was so filthy. A geologist from the University in Santo Domingo told me he thought there was a large "garbage dump" very near that location which is the cause of the polution.

Can anyone confirm this or offer another reason why the water in the Villa Sombrero beach area is so dirty? Thanks.

Funnyyale26

Bronze
Dec 15, 2006
I would say that many if not most of the country beaches are dirty, unfortunately. why? Because the education system has failed to teach children from early on the importance of preserving our natural resources and authorities don't enforce the rules. Also, the ayuntamientos for the most part don't care about the garbage problems in DR, the politicos are only there to steal the money of the populace. They don't understand the all this dirtiness is costly because tourists will not want to come here.

fightfish

Jan 11, 2008
Plastic bottles are one thing, but the real danger of aquatic polution is in the stuff you can?t see. If I?m really interested in water quality at a certain beach or river, I?d take a water sample and have it examined.
Eduation is not the danger, but the economics of water treatment. That is what will will really get you. eye pollution is ugly, but I have yet to die from what I can see(candy excluded).....