Air conditioning in Mangu disco (Playa Dorada)

Status
Not open for further replies.

superfly_2000

Dec 12, 2007
This is actually a general problem when traveling to similar destinations and in some places in the dominican republic.

When visiting discos, supermarkets or traveling by bus or taxi the air-conditioning system is sometimes maximized.

Why? I hate this and it is so stupid. Why must the air-condition be used so much that most people get sick?

Especially after one visit to the Mangu disco in Puerto Plata (playa dorada) we both got sick, with a flu like condition. All because the disco seemed to have miximized their air-conditioning so it was freezing cool inside.

I can understand that if the disco was packed with 300 dancing people. But at the moment that we entered it was almost empty and there was probably no need for air-conditioning. Is there no system that manages the use of the air-condition? So that the usage can be calculated.

I have been trying to find an e-mail adress to that disco so I can write to them and explain that I got sick thanks to their air-conditioning system.

I know that for most people maybe this is not a problem but for me it is and I usually get sick.

At this moment it was obvious that we where going to be sick as the air-conditioning in the disco was extreme.

canbon

Apr 28, 2006
it's simple

don't go! If you are constantly getting sick at places where they maximize their air conditioning, stay away.

It amazes me sometimes what people can find to complain about. I just read the posts and saw the pics regarding the floods in Santiago and then someone is complaining in a lengthy post about air conditioning.........you have it tough.

Dafishguy

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
My thoughts exactly

It amazes me sometimes what people can find to complain about. I just read the posts and saw the pics regarding the floods in Santiago and then someone is complaining in a lengthy post about air conditioning.........you have it tough.

Exactly my thoughts as well. People are DIEING in the DR and this "person" wants to complain about AC.

Ok, fine. I guess we know where "your" priorities lie.

Have a nice life.

Frog17112

Nov 20, 2007
This is actually a general problem when traveling to similar destinations and in some places in the dominican republic.

When visiting discos, supermarkets or traveling by bus or taxi the air-conditioning system is sometimes maximized.

Why? I hate this and it is so stupid. Why must the air-condition be used so much that most people get sick?

Especially after one visit to the Mangu disco in Puerto Plata (playa dorada) we both got sick, with a flu like condition. All because the disco seemed to have miximized their air-conditioning so it was freezing cool inside.

I can understand that if the disco was packed with 300 dancing people. But at the moment that we entered it was almost empty and there was probably no need for air-conditioning. Is there no system that manages the use of the air-condition? So that the usage can be calculated.

I have been trying to find an e-mail adress to that disco so I can write to them and explain that I got sick thanks to their air-conditioning system.

I know that for most people maybe this is not a problem but for me it is and I usually get sick.

At this moment it was obvious that we where going to be sick as the air-conditioning in the disco was extreme.

At least you didn't get shot while you were at the disco...:)

My wife used to complain about the same thing...now she brings a light jacket with her...pretty smart.

curlyq

Mar 20, 2006
Don't go til the club is packed with people then. When there are 300 people inside you need the A/C. Or you can sit outside at the tables and still hear the music.

Why should the majority of people who want to enjoy themselves with out dripping with sweat have to suffer. There are more important things to worry about like the thousands left homeless by the recents storms.

curlyq

Last edited:

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
They crank up the air early to cool things down. IF you wait until everyone is already there to turn it on then it will never cool things down.

Yes, take a sweater.

AND - I am no doctor but I do not believe you get colds, flu etc from air conditioning. You get it from viruses that are air born. you might have got the virus on the plane, in the restaurant, on the beach or snuggling up with a sweetie...... Don't blame the A/C

alicious

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
When I was first working at a call center in the DR...they had it soooooo cold in there I would be shivering in my sweaters (yes sweaters as in more than 1) and jeans...then when I would go outside in the heat it was brutal.

It is very hard on your body to be going between the 2 extremes constantly.

There is not too much you can really do about it, but as planner said, bring a sweater!

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
snuggling up with a sweetie...... Don't blame the A/C.....

let's hope not :ermm:

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net

For the disco to be cool when its packed, they have to maximize and blast it when its empty. The heat of a full crowd, together with the lights and electronic equipment, will make even a cool place hot.

If you wait until the crowd comes, to turn the AC on, it will never get cold.

Only way to get around this, is to come when its crowded.

Status
Not open for further replies.