Lodging options in Santo Domingo

tdd3

Dec 1, 2006
Will be traveling to Santo Domingo on Dec 27 - 31. Anyone have any suggestions on hotels, condos, or apartments within $60/day that are nice, clean, air conditioned (please!), and are guest friendly. Looking for two single units (I have a friend traveling with me, but we want our own rooms).

Thanks.

pyratt

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
Will be traveling to Santo Domingo on Dec 27 - 31. Anyone have any suggestions on hotels, condos, or apartments within $60/day that are nice, clean, air conditioned (please!), and are guest friendly. Looking for two single units (I have a friend traveling with me, but we want our own rooms).

Thanks.

Hands down (for me)...if you want the Colonial Zone..... Hotel Mercure. Book it online and you get a double room (eliminates guest fees), it's just as you described, and includes a good breakfast buffet for two for about $63 per day including taxes.

I'll be there that same week!

tdd3

Dec 1, 2006
Follow up on Santo Domingo Trip

Thanks for the feedback. This will be the first time I've traveled to Santo Domingo, so I don't know where I should be. I have looked at the Colonial Zone site and it looks like a lot of fun.

I've traveled to Sosua (outside of Puerta Plata) a few times and enjoyed it a great deal (I hate having to leave). I wanted to try the capitol to see what it has to offer.

Do you have any recommendations on good places to eat? Nothing extravagant . . . good food at great prices. There is a great little spot in Sosua where I could get a half grilled chicken, rice and beans (to DIE for), and salad for $6.

In addition, what dance clubs/social spots, etc. would you recommend (and on what nights)?

Thanks.

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
The Zone

Feel free to contact me. I love showing people around the Zone. I also know some inexpensive options for places to stay.
One of my favorite places to get some good food, cheap and outdoors, is a little Colmado on Pina and Canela. They have an outdoor barbecue...yummmm

tdd3

Dec 1, 2006
Feel free to contact me. I love showing people around the Zone. I also know some inexpensive options for places to stay.
One of my favorite places to get some good food, cheap and outdoors, is a little Colmado on Pina and Canela. They have an outdoor barbecue...yummmm

Can you provide at least 3 places for me to check availability?

Thanks.

A

apostropheman

Can you provide at least 3 places for me to check availability?

Thanks.
try these. they've all been mentioned before (i think :)) and you can email or call yourself if needed.

Hotel Maison Gautreaux... En Santo Domingo, Algo Distinto.

Aparthotel Condo-Parque & Venus Bar - Santo Domingo - Dominican Republic

Hotel La Residence, Santo Domingo

and here is a long list of hotels in the zona colonial

Colonial Zone Santo Domingo Dominican Republic Hotels In and Around Colonial Zone

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005