Recipe

mrsvaldemar

Dec 17, 2007
Hi everyone, i am so excited to have found this site!!! I have just registered and I have so many questions!! First i'll start out with....

Does anyone have a recipe for coquito??
(Is there a thread setup for recipes?)

Since i am new i will try to look around the site to see what i find. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"WELCOME!" Lots of "COOKS" HERE!!!!!!!!!

And even more "Eaters"! We have "Get-To-Gathers" from time to to,and people bring their "BEST" dishes! Are you "HERE",or "Coming down?"
Cris Colon

KaliEyes

May 1, 2008
Bump for the recipe thread...didn't want to start a new one!

Can someone please pass on that bean sauce recipe? When I was in Punta Cana, we had "back alley" chicken and the rice and beans from there.....PHENOMENOL.....but the stuff at the resort I wasn't as fond of.

Anyone have a hands down recipe for that stuff....I will have people traveling to the DR just to eat the bean sauce!

KaliEyes

May 1, 2008
I am looking in the site/link that was posted above...but if someone has a recipe and they want to share, please feel free.

montreal

Bronze
Apr 17, 2006
Bump for the recipe thread...didn't want to start a new one!

Can someone please pass on that bean sauce recipe? When I was in Punta Cana, we had "back alley" chicken and the rice and beans from there.....PHENOMENOL.....but the stuff at the resort I wasn't as fond of.

Anyone have a hands down recipe for that stuff....I will have people traveling to the DR just to eat the bean sauce!

Tia Clara has a good recipe for habichuelas rojas if that's what you mean by bean sauce. What's back-alley chicken :ermm:

KaliEyes

May 1, 2008
Tia Clara has a good recipe for habichuelas rojas if that's what you mean by bean sauce. What's back-alley chicken :ermm:

Well, for us Canadians, it was back alley chicken.

There was this little 24 hour pub place around the back of some building, basically with a parking lot view. Apparantly they take the chickens across the side street where the chickens are thrown into the rotissirie and cooked...to us, back alley chicken was the best way to describe it. LOL

But my goodness...that was the best chicken and food I had the whole time I was down there. 7 of us, we all had more than one beer, maybe 2 or 3 each, I think we ordered 2 chickens, a whole platter of fries, a club house and the rice and bean dish...and the total bill was like $70US! Which I find CRAZY ....here, we get RIPPED off in comparison.

70 will get ya food and drinks for 2 people, and MAYBE dessert. Of course, that does depend where you're eating. It was just a good price for CHEAP food. Better than anything that the resort made!