Visiting for First Time

kev4109

Dec 29, 2007
I will be in the the Juan Dolio Jan 4-10. I rented a Villa and woud like to know how much would it cost for a week worth of food at a super market? What clubs to attend and If I should rent a car. Should I use US dollars or convert to to Domincan dollars.

Thanks for any insight.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
You have four supermarkets in San Pedro - 11kms from Juan Dolio. For one person no more than 3000RD$. Change your money into pesos as although the shops and bars take dollars they will usually change at no more than 30 pesos to the dollar. The biggest club in Juan Dolio is Mangu at the hotel Decameron. There are more in San Pedro but make sure you go there with a local. They will find you and offer to take you!! I wouldn't rent a car - you can travel around Juan Dolio on motoconchos - 30 RD$ for a shortish trip and the bus service into San Pedro is good - 30RD$ also. If you run out of food you can pop into my colmado and we stock everything - Mini Market Mar Azul. The guys there speak english so they can also help you out with any other questions you might have, and I might even see you if I am there. HAve a great holiday

Matilda

kev4109

Dec 29, 2007
Thanks for the Info. I actually will be traveling with 2 other people. I just found out we have maid service included with the price of the Villa. Hopefully he or she can help us out with our shopping needs.

riravaga

Feb 24, 2005
the bigest supermarket its Jumbo and easy to get there. hit me if you need directions, I live and work in san pedro.