Sosua/Caberete - recommend a budget Hotel that will make friends jealous

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonathanJace

Jan 4, 2008
Finally narrowed my choices to Sosua and Cabarete. The last thing now is to pick a place to stay at. I'm looking for something that will make my friends want to come next time. I will arrive in town late on the 22nd and my flight will either be on the 30th or 31st. What hotels can you guys recommend that is very beautiful/scenic, minutes to the action, and of course guest friendly. I will be traveling alone and look to spend $300 max for my stay if possible. I was looking at Europa, waterfront, and rocky's bar condos here Condo - Rocky's Rock & Blues Bar and Hotel, Sosua - Dominican Republic what is the likely hood i can get a condo for 1 week (mid week to mid week) and how close is it to the action.

Ultimately i'd like to have some recommendations from you guys. I promise to take a lot of pictures and write a trip report when i get back.

thanks

JonathanJace

Jan 4, 2008
perla de sosua is looking good so far, would like to hear of some other places before i reserve, btw do you know where i can find more pics of the place. All i found were about 7-8 photos on most sites, and they were all the same.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
a hotel or condo for $300 a week that will "make your friends jealous" is a tough request...

But...check out Hotel Kaoba in Cabarete... it has a really nice pool area and is in the center of town... and about $30 a day.

In Sosua the most "impressive" budget hotel is probably the New Garden.
The one with the best food, staff, host and...dog...is Rocky's.
Condos at the Palms and Tradewinds are pretty impressive for the price.

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
This late in the season you will have a hard time finding a decent place for under $500 a week in Sosua. Perla, Palms, Tradewnids , New Garden will or are all booked for that time period. I suggest take what is available. I talked to a few guys last week looking for " guest friendly " places to stay and the pickings were slim. Good luck.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
if you really want to impress your friends, get a place at Casa Linda villas. it's out of your budget range (80 bucks a day is the lowest villa) but they will be impressed for sure. it also is away from the action (a motoconcho ride) but well worth it.

i would heed the recommendations already suggested if you can't swing this....

Status
Not open for further replies.