Aiport transfer - Large group

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJandN

Nov 16, 2004
What is the best way to transfer 25-30 people from the airport to the Riu resort in Puerto Plata? Are their buses that can accomodate everyone together or will we need to split up into smaller groups? Any advice/tips are appreciated! Can't wait to make my 2nd trip. It's been 3 years since I first visited!

John

bryanb

Dec 30, 2005
John,

Are you not with a tour company that would have the bus transporation for you? If not perhaps contact the resort - with a group of that size I'm sure they could help you.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
There are a couple of folks here in Santiago that do transfers with that many people. Jimenez is one that comes to mind. He did a wedding party a year or so ago with 28 people going to DIFFERENT resorts!!...
If you want, you can PM me and I will supply you with phone numbers etc...good guy and reliable.

HB

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
When I arrange the annual dental mission trip for the University, I use IAMA Transport in Puerto Plata.

When are you arriving? I should be returning to the city before the end of the month and could easily call them for you. They are excellent.

ETA: A group of 25 is no problem. Last June I arranged the transport of 34 dentists in a single bus.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
I strongly recommend Isaira tours for your transfers. They are not only professional but competitive price wise!

JJandN

Nov 16, 2004
Thanks for the replies everyone. I knew I could get some good answers here. I just spoke with my family member who is mainly coordinating the trip and the hotel put her in contact with a company called Ultramar Express. Any thoughts/comments on this company? I will send her the link to Isaira Tours to look into also.

Trip is in February. Every two years my father's side of the family gets together for a mini vacation so everyone can spend some time together since a lot of us are now spreadout around the US. Last few have been 3 or 4 day cruises, but everyone wanted to stay off a boat this time. I recommended DR as I came a few years ago and enjoyed it so much and everyone else liked the idea! :)

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Thanks for the replies everyone. I knew I could get some good answers here. I just spoke with my family member who is mainly coordinating the trip and the hotel put her in contact with a company called Ultramar Express. Any thoughts/comments on this company?
Yes this is the number one in the DR. they have different companies,( Prieto Tours & Rutas) .

JJ.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
And "JJ" knows what he is talking about, that is for sure....

Good luck..

HB

Status
Not open for further replies.