Costambar Residents - Don't Fire Your Staff!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
If your staff don't turn up for work, please don't fire them. It appears Costambar APC have instructed the gate security to stop workers like maids, gardeners, construction people etc from entering (plus beach vendors). According to Puerto Plata Digital employers now have to go to the main gate to identify their workers and then the guards will let them in. Which is great if you are elderly, handicapped or do not drive........
Puerto Plata Digital

Worth monitoring this situation to see if anyone is prevented from visiting friends who are resident in Costambar. I am there on a weekly basis so will be able to report back if some unfortunate guard tries to debar my passage. :)

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
I have 6 employees.......

.........and they all have "carnet's" that were issued by APC over 1 year ago. None of them have problems coming to work or entering Costambar....

Residents of Costambar have been told many times to get these "id tags" for their employees.......

The cost is not much .............. less than $100. peso I believe..........

You have to fill out a one page "info" sheet and send two photos and then they get a laminated badge.........in about 2 days...........

web

Nov 5, 2005
No employees here, but I am all for beefing up security. I did see a pile of folks waiting ouitside the gate one day this week. Hey, maybe they can fix the freaking road out there. It is really bad now. But the electricity seems to be working for a lot of hours recently and Internet and phone is good too. Life is good in Costambar!

Status
Not open for further replies.