How long to drive to Punta Cana

Spicedwine

Apr 25, 2006
We have friends coming to stay at a resort and wondered how long a drive is it. Or if anyone has any suggestions of what the best way to go is. Thanks

kcavanagh

May 13, 2004
This has to rank among one of the stupidest questions I've seen asked before on any forum. Congrats!!!
KC

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
This has to rank among one of the stupidest questions I've seen asked before on any forum. Congrats!!!
KC

And yours has to be one of the brightest.

Punta Cana is about 3 1/2 hours from Santo Domingo. If I'm not mistaken you're in Puerto Plata so just add on the time it takes you to get from Pto. Plata to Sto. Dgo plus SD to Punta Cana.

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
My wife and I drove from Puerto Plata to Punta Cana and it took about 6 hours. We got lost in Santo Domingo which cost us about 30 minutes. We did stop for lunch and were not in any rush to get there. Great drive on the other side of Santo Domingo.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Mr. Cavanagh presumed that WUD knew where the OP lived. That would have made the question rather silly, never stupid.
The fact is, that such an unkindly remark should produce an "Excuse me, please.." Wud is too much of a gentleman to be really offended.

I would have asked the question except I knew that "spicedwine " was a denizen of the North Shore...

Please do not get into it...

HB

Spicedwine

Apr 25, 2006
Thank you HB

My apologizes for assuming that because I know where I live that so does everyone else. I appreciate your allowing for the fact that I may be silly which I absolutely can be, rarely am I stupid or deliberately rude, but make allowances for the fact that some people feel the need to be superior by being demeaning. Takes all kinds and fortunately for me the vast majority are kind and considerate and try to help even when they don't have all the information needed. So once again, thanks again to the DR1'ers who assist all the rest of us.

kcavanagh

May 13, 2004
I was referring to the original question by Spicedwine asking how far a drive to PC, not WUD's followup question.

How do casual forum members know the op resides in POP? I stand by what I said, it's a stupid question.
KC

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
My apologizes for assuming that because I know where I live that so does everyone else. I appreciate your allowing for the fact that I may be silly which I absolutely can be, rarely am I stupid or deliberately rude, but make allowances for the fact that some people feel the need to be superior by being demeaning. Takes all kinds and fortunately for me the vast majority are kind and considerate and try to help even when they don't have all the information needed. So once again, thanks again to the DR1'ers who assist all the rest of us.
On another note, it's way far, but nowhere near as bad as it used to be, back in the days that you could barely make it in a day.
Personally, if I were you, I would fly.
If I found it too expensive to fly, I just wouldn't go.
A return trip across a few days is too much, IMHO.

kcavanagh

May 13, 2004
ok, ok, perhaps stupid is being a bit harsh... my apologies. Cut me some slack, it's Monday a.m.!! ;)

KC

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Figure 4 hours from Puerto Plata to Santo Domingo (215 kms) and then 4 hours from Santo Domingo to Punta Cana (205 kms). That is without getting lost, but taking into consideration there will be bottlenecks getting out of Santo Domingo, getting out of Santiago and getting out of Higuey, La Otra Banda and Veron on to Punta Cana. There are plenty of stretches where you can do 120 kms/hour, but there will be many where you will be lucky if you do 10kph.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
KC
As a new poster, I would hope that you will one day find yourself comfortable on DR1, and become a part of the DR1 family.
This site is actually quite exceptional, in that way, where a true bond has developed amongst most of us, throughout the years.
I do understand how the question appeared completely ridiculous to you, as it appeared similar to asking the length of a piece of string.
In this particular case, the OP knew that pretty much everyone who lives here and knows the answer to his/her question, also knows where he/she lives.
Had you said it was the funniest post you had ever seen, it would have gone over a bit better.
Using the word "stupidest" is offensive, and is bound to be poorly received.
We all make mistakes, and it's no biggy.
I'm sure you didn't mean it in a personal way, did you.

PS: As we almost simultaneously posted, I had not seen your last post and thank you for being such a stand up person.
I had a feeling you were.
Gracias.