Congo Bongo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlielyn

Bronze
Jul 31, 2005
When I was in the DR in Dec. I saw signs about Congo Bongo. I just saw someone post that it was open. Can you please tell me where in Playa Dorada it is located and what type of club it is??

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
i wonder if it's the same folks that have coco bongo in montreal, cancun,tampa florida and elizabeth new jersey ?
or is this a totally new club ??

Last edited:

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
i wonder if it's the same folks that have coco bongo (nickname) in montreal, cancun and tampa florida ?

Yes you're right - it's a franchise.

It's on the right hand side of the main entrance to the plaza from the car park. The entrance I am talking about is the one where there is a mini market to your right (with call centre) and a number of tour selling stalls to your left and right......there is also a dive shop on the left. Hope that helps?!

Daydream

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
Well.....the info on it being a franchise came from speaking with some of the people who were working on getting the place up and running. Just to clarify, I did not speak to the owner himself......I was merely told he had purchased the franchise off the back of Cancun's success. The logo, the entertainment (on a smaller scale of course), etc. used there is the same as that used in Coco Bongo Cancun.

Does anoyone else have any further info to confirm this?

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
Coco Bongo is currently crushing the competition but even they have many slow nights.
I was there on a Saturday and it was too crowded for my liking. Tough to even get a drink inside.
Mangu was very slow, Hemmingway's was even slower, and Crazy Moon was virtually dead.
I remember when the in places like Crazy Moon and then Mangu were busy almost every night.:ermm:

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
I was in Coco Bongo about 2 weeks ago. Just another tourist club playing music that all sounds the same. They are the flavour of the week but that will change as soon as someone else does something!

It is on the right hand side of the plaza (if you are standing facing the plaza from the main street) It is before the medical center on that side of the plaza. It is not very big really and mostly standing space and dance floor. The usual assortment of tourists and sankies looking for action.

canbon

Apr 28, 2006
live bands?

Do they play Dominican music or ever have live bands at Coco Bongo? If not, do any of the clubs have live bands any nights in Playa Dorado?

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
Do they play Dominican music or ever have live bands at Coco Bongo? If not, do any of the clubs have live bands any nights in Playa Dorado?

Hemmingways sometimes has a live band on a Saturday night......not sure if it's a weekly thing though.

Status
Not open for further replies.