Info pls on Tax Reduction 4 Residents

monn

Aug 8, 2007
My container has just arrived. I have an official document stating that my residency is being processed. Does anyone know where I need to go with it after port customs gives me the tax amount to be paid, to get the special reduction for residents. Is it a difficult? Can I do it myself or should I have a lawyer or an agent do it for me?

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
I can not address your question but I do want to tell you that our stuff sat in Customs 7 days after it was inspected. When the movers called us and said its ready to be delivered to my home they said I owed for 7 days of storage. I explained you just called me today to say it can now be delivered AND I owe you 7 days of storage. Lucky for me the moveing company I hired in the states took over and I did not have to pay the storage. So be careful while you are trying to determine what if any tax reduction you might get as you may end up being charged other fees. Good luck.

cherie36

Oct 16, 2007
There are people that are very familiar with those issues. My cousin told me of someone he hired to process the papers to retrieve a car. It was relatively inexpensive. If you want help, email me and I will get you in contact with my cousing in DR. He is fluent in English.

trabajadora

Aug 29, 2007
My container has just arrived. I have an official document stating that my residency is being processed. Does anyone know where I need to go with it after port customs gives me the tax amount to be paid, to get the special reduction for residents. Is it a difficult? Can I do it myself or should I have a lawyer or an agent do it for me?

Monn, I got your PM and I've sent you a return PM. :bunny: