Hotel Century Plaza in Santiago

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I see folks are having a difficult time with hotel accomodations in Santiago with the usual suspect hotels being mentioned as full.

There is a very nice new hotel on Rafael Vidal between the Autopista and Carretera Duarte called the Hotel Century Plaza. We toured it a couple of months ago when it was brand spanking new, and liked what we saw. It's set far off the street in a new plaza.

Some of the staff used to work at Hotel Platino.

Hope this helps..

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
anyone know how it compares to Aloha Sol, Matum, Platino as far as room size,service and so on.

the other hotels mentioned are in the center of town

thanks

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
anyone know how it compares to Aloha Sol, Matum, Platino as far as room size,service and so on.

the other hotels mentioned are in the center of town

thanks
I've stayed at Platino often, as well as Matum. I have toured Century Plaza fully, but not stayed there-although I would have absolutely no qualms about doing so. They have different sizes of rooms, as most hotels do. It was brand new, everything sparkled. Alida knew some of the staff personally, and had good things to say. It is certainly a hotel option in Santiago, but it is not downtown or as close as Platino or Matum are.

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
I've stayed at Platino often, as well as Matum. I have toured Century Plaza fully, but not stayed there-although I would have absolutely no qualms about doing so. They have different sizes of rooms, as most hotels do. It was brand new, everything sparkled. Alida knew some of the staff personally, and had good things to say. It is certainly a hotel option in Santiago, but it is not downtown or as close as Platino or Matum are.

thanks

always good to have options

lumberjack69

May 21, 2009

Do you know a website or link to a website or site to book on? They are $58 on Expedia however it says it does not know if taxes are included or not.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Platino is 10-15 minutes, with no traffic, to STI, allow 1/2 hour,
Better off staying the last "few hours" in a Cabana, walking distance to STI!
No link to Century.

lumberjack69

May 21, 2009
Platino is 10-15 minutes, with no traffic, to STI, allow 1/2 hour,
Better off staying the last "few hours" in a Cabana, walking distance to STI!
No link to Century.

Thanks, I have an early flight so I won't need the cabana. I see on a google map the airport appears southeast of the city south of Licey and it would appear from the city you would take Av 27 de Febrero. What part of the city is Platino in? City looks big and scary to a LumberJack.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Thanks, I have an early flight so I won't need the cabana. I see on a google map the airport appears southeast of the city south of Licey and it would appear from the city you would take Av 27 de Febrero. What part of the city is Platino in? City looks big and scary to a LumberJack.

Platino is right acrosss from the entrance to P.U.C.M.M. on Av. Estrella Sadhala.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
You do not want to take that road. You take the highway into Santiago. At an early hour it is all of 15 minutes.

Hotel Platino is on Estrella Sadhala which is south of the highway about 1/2 mile at Plaza Platino.

There are other hotels that are easier to get to, such as the Century Plaza but if it is the Platino you want, just tell the driver Hotel Platino Por Favor!! and he'll get you there.

Piece of cake.

HB

lumberjack69

May 21, 2009
Platino is right acrosss from the entrance to P.U.C.M.M. on Av. Estrella Sadhala.

I found that on there website (a surprisingly good one) map where they claim it is 5 minutos to the aeropuerto. It would appear you go north on Estrella to the Autopista Duerte hacia aeropuerto east? Is the Autopista Duerte the same as Carr. juan pable duere? I am trying to match the hotel map up to a google map.

lumberjack69

May 21, 2009
You do not want to take that road. You take the highway into Santiago. At an early hour it is all of 15 minutes.

Hotel Platino is on Estrella Sadhala which is south of the highway about 1/2 mile at Plaza Platino.

There are other hotels that are easier to get to, such as the Century Plaza but if it is the Platino you want, just tell the driver Hotel Platino Por Favor!! and he'll get you there.

Piece of cake.

HB

I should clarify I will be flying out not in and will be driving myself. Hillbilly do you have any info on Century? They are my first choice at least for this trip. If I was departing on a later flight I would not worry about it so much and would want to be down by the monument. Thanks any info will be greatly appreciated.

joel spencer

Dec 29, 2003
Trust me, you want to stay at the Century Plaza. The hotel is very well kept, although the rooms are alittle on the smallish side. However, the service is great, the little restaurant downstairs is affordable and serves delicious food. Again the price at the restaurant are surprisingly low for the quality of food. Make sure you get them to give you the breakfast included in their price.

lumberjack69

May 21, 2009
great info

website below:

Century

Carlos thanks very much for the link even in Spanish it showed me something I couldn't see on Expedias English version. Still totally unclear where it is to airport. The Expedia map is a joke saying 3 miles north but some say 4 or 5 lights??
What???? is that confusion. Anybody know some highway connectiions in English like 5 to ? to ? to ? then in morning ? to ? to STI. Thanks in Advance PS any good beer joints by Century? I know I am reaching but thanks.