Feedback on Paraiso Tropical

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newfoundlandrover

Jan 24, 2008
Hi Folks,
I'm new to the forum.My Wife and I are leaving Ottawa Ontario on Jan 31st to spend an all inclusive week at Paraiso Tropical in Cabarete. This will be our second trip to the Dominican,but our first time at this resort.We stayed at Playa Naco in the Playa Dorada complex a few years ago and really enjoyed ourselves.We felt very safe and secure,we had a very clean room,outstanding staff,good food,large clean beach, and there were lots of things to do such as day trips,tours,boat rides and free use of kayaks,flea markets,shopping etc..,all organized and sanctioned by the resort.Can I expect a similar experience at Parasio Tropical or is it a crap shoot? I'd really like to know what to expect.

Regards to all,Ian

fightfish

Jan 11, 2008
Expect to pay a good deal more for resort organized excursions than you wound and can find in the community. Not knocking AI?s, but everything they offer off campus exists right outside the gate. In Cabarete there are many storefronts offering excursions that are as good if not better(at least more private) than what your resort has. But most of all, have fun!!

Newfoundlandrover

Jan 24, 2008
I gotta tell you Folks....I really wish I could have had more feedback on this place. To say this hotel/resort was a huge disapointment would be a understatement.The conditions were horrible,so bad in fact that we contacted our Sunquest Rep and requested to leave.Our Sunquest Rep was very understanding and arranged for my Wife and I to go to another Resort where conditions were much more acceptable.I would not recommend Paraiso Tropical to anyone,unless of coarse:ermm: you are o.k with substandard conditions.

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
I gotta tell you Folks....I really wish I could have had more feedback on this place. To say this hotel/resort was a huge disapointment would be a understatement.The conditions were horrible,so bad in fact that we contacted our Sunquest Rep and requested to leave.Our Sunquest Rep was very understanding and arranged for my Wife and I to go to another Resort where conditions were much more acceptable.I would not recommend Paraiso Tropical to anyone,unless of coarse:ermm: you are o.k with substandard conditions.

Could you elaberate alittle more. You may being helping some one else out.

postalmanpaul

Oct 25, 2007
Astounded!!!

I really can't believe you had such a horrible experience there. It must have changed alot since I was there Nov 2006. I had a wonderful vacation there and my wife and I are going back in March. I'm sorry now that I told you it was a great spot because to me it really seemed like a great little resort clean, and friendly staff.All was quite good. I'm sorry to hear that you had such a horrible time there. I guess my opinion and yours differ greatly.What was the other resort that the T.A. sent ya too? COuld you please let me know as I may have to change also when I get there in March if its that bad!
Regards,Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.