Information on Cabarete East Beachfront Resort

Status
Not open for further replies.

ISOP

Jan 29, 2008
Any information on this complex would be appreciated. How far from downtown? How is the food at Martini's Beach Bar and Grill? Again, any information would be appreciated.
Thanks!

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
It's a nice, upscale condo development about 1km from center of town. Security should be good. Waters are perhaps a little dangerous at times for swimming. You could probably walk the beach into town during the day - I definitely wouldn't at night.

Transportation into Cabarete via Motoconchos/public car/guagua...
day - easy to catch one going into town
day - easy to get one to return to the apt
night - a little more challenge to find one going into town
night - easy to get from town back to the apt

Can't advise on the restaurant, haven't eaten there. Menu online at http://www.martinisbeachbar.com

For what it's worth, there's a dance school directly across the street if you're interested in Bachata, Merengue, or Salsa.

jfk-tampa

Jul 28, 2007
cabarete east

have eaten at restaurant several times and i cannot say enough about it . food is good reasonable and the staff goes out their way to make everything the best. would highly recommend. with that said keep it a secret so its doesn,t get crowded out as it is small . taco tuesday is always the best

TheQueen

Jan 31, 2008
We stayed just outside of Cabarete town centre and we never had a problem getting into town by either walking or taking a mototaxi. In fact the mototaxis are unrelenting in asking if you need a ride at all hours of the day and night!

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
We stayed just outside of Cabarete town centre and we never had a problem getting into town by either walking or taking a mototaxi. In fact the mototaxis are unrelenting in asking if you need a ride at all hours of the day and night!

Where'd you stay, Queen? I suspect what you're reporting is right, but doesn't apply to Cabarete East.

In my personal experience it's not always that easy to get a moto out near Cabarete East at night... and if it's raining a little, even more challenging to find one heading toward town. Even during the day, I've had to wait 10+ minutes for a moto there at times as there were either none heading toward town or they already had passengers.

As for walking, it's not something I'd recommend to do at night from Cabarete East. I know people (Dominicans & expats) that have lived near there for nearly 15 years that used to walk to their homes at night, but wouldn't consider it now.

I'm not knocking the condos at all, I think they're nice. But if you don't have your own car there's at times a slight inconvenience, but not enough to avoid staying there if you find a better deal than something closer to town.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.