Travel From Sdq To Playa Esmeralda

JBOUCH

Jan 28, 2007
From Vermont And Always Read Dr1 Message Boards, People Help Out With Info So That Is Appreciated....getting To My Question...my Wife I When In The Dr Rent A Car Most Of The Time...this Trip Would It Be Practical To Take Local Transport To Go From 1, Sdq Airport To Playa Esmeralda Hotel(i Belieive It Is Near Juan Dolio) Would Taxi Be The Only Way? 2, From Esmeralda To Bayahbie I Would Think There Would Be Local Buses And Lastly 3, To The City Of Santo Domingo Coming Back From Bayaybie Thank You We Arrive On The 14th Of Feb. For 2 Weeks Cant Wait Stayed At Ai Once But Never Again The People Of This Island Are Truly Kind And Helpful We Like To Stay At Local Hotels

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
I suggest you rent a car. It will give you much more freedom. You can pick up the car at Las Americas Airport (SDQ) and then it is a short drive to Juan Dolio (will cost you to get there by taxi half of what the rental for the day will. Then you can drive around to see all the sites, making day trips. When you are in Bayahibe, you will be two hours from Punta Cana and Boca de Yuma, half an hour from La Romana and Casa de Campo. Bayahibe is about an hour East of Juan Dolio.

Otherwise, you can do it by public transportation. Is cheap. Just ask the locals where they take their buses. They are safe (take normal precautions), although you will spend lots of time waiting and they can get crowded.

See http://www.dr1.com/national for a recommended car rental.

JBOUCH

Jan 28, 2007
Thank You For Your Info....we Have Rented Cars For The Past Few Years And Wanted To See If The Busses Would Work For Us...i Was Kind Of Thinking The Sme Thing...is It Worth The Hassel Of Waitting And Such.....do You Know If Canaval In Sd Will Be On The Last Feburary Sunday...we Had A Blast At The Satiago One Last Year....thanks Again