Series del Caribe

Guillen

Jan 5, 2007
They cancelled the 07/08 season because of financial reasons. It seems that the Dominican winter league is the only one that is profitable. Probably as a result of the quality of the players here in the league.
If you have noticed, the quality of Baseball being played this year at the Caribbean Series is quite bad and has to do with the level of players involved. Between the Venezuelan and Mexican teams, there are only two players in the 40-men roster of MLB teams.
Unless the quality of the players involved improves, the caribbean Series is doom to fail in the near future. They should probably invite a Cuban Team to join the league.
For that I would pay to watch the games. Not for what I'm seen this year.

May 12, 2005
I agree about the level of play. However, I was very impressed with the pitching of Nelson Figueroa from the Mexican team. But purely from a baseball junkie's point of view, any baseball is good, especially after football overload.

Tallman1818

Nov 19, 2007
I heard on the news that in the near future Nicaragua and Colombia may be joining the Serie del Caribe, if this happens Cuba and Panama can also rejoin the series.

El sabelot?

*** Sin Bin ***
Jan 7, 2008
This a win-win situation for us aguiluchos:

If Aguilas win, it proves they are still the best. And if Licey wins, it means Aguilas, having already won the DR championship, wanted to share the thrill of victory with Licey, after they suffered the agony of defeat.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
They cancelled the 07/08 season because of financial reasons. It seems that the Dominican winter league is the only one that is profitable. Probably as a result of the quality of the players here in the league.
If you have noticed, the quality of Baseball being played this year at the Caribbean Series is quite bad and has to do with the level of players involved. Between the Venezuelan and Mexican teams, there are only two players in the 40-men roster of MLB teams.
Unless the quality of the players involved improves, the caribbean Series is doom to fail in the near future. They should probably invite a Cuban Team to join the league.
For that I would pay to watch the games. Not for what I'm seen this year.

I tell you about the quality of players this year.
The venezuelan team members are seen in bars getting drunks. The mexican team members were seen with manager in bars drinking. Hahahaha
Then a few members of the mexican team were seen buying 6 huge boxes of condoms. I guess they playing harder in the hotels rooms than on the field.
On the contrary, I have not seen any hookers coming in and out of aquila team members' apartment this whole week, nor I see expansive jepetas parked outside (sure sign of all night long parties with high class hookers).
Go aguilas.
AZB

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Then a few members of the mexican team were seen buying 6 huge boxes of condoms. I guess they playing harder in the hotel rooms than on the field.

This would explain why they are currently in last place without a check in the win column.

And if they are dedicating themselves to the abovementioned activities, my guess is they really don't care that much about this series.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
This would explain why they are currently in last place without a check in the win column.

And if they are dedicating themselves to the abovementioned activities, my guess is they really don't care that much about this series.

How can you blame them? They come a thousand miles to a foreign country and the stadium is nearly empty. Heck, I bet the semi pro leagues in Mexico fill up the stadiums better.

The funny thing is that if the fans here had it their way they would go to the stadiums and rock it like they did this year with the games against Licey. Unfortunately when it comes to making a decision between eating and or paying the rent, and seeing a baseball game, there isn't a whole they can do. Such a shame though - now people can't really see Domincan fans as they truly are - some of the most energetic and loud ones to be found anywhere in the baseball world. I liken one of the last games between the Aguilas and Licey as very close to the atmosphere of the RD vs Venezuela game at the World Baseball Classic in Orlando in '06. It was wild for sure - so much so that the reporter for SI said it was the liveliest game he had ever attended and wished that the games in the mlb were more like this one.