Willing To Share Ai Accomodations In Pc????

lovetotravel

Feb 9, 2008
Hello.

This is probably a stupid thing to post but here it goes:

I was wondering if anyone out there has already booked an AI in PC and would be interested in accomodations (preferably around the Iberostar area) for the week of February 18th? A few of my friends are staying at the Iberostar and I would like to join them but cant seem to find a hotel that isnt fully booked that wont cost me an arm and a leg.

I have 3 friends already booked at the Iberostar but there is a maximum of 3 adults per room so I cant stay with them. I am a 27 year old female from Canada and am in desperate need of a vacation...I dont mean for this to sound like an ad of some sort but I am just looking for a FEMALE roomate to share a room at an AI in PC. I am clean, quiet and love to meet new people and just kick back and enjoy some R&R.

I am putting myself out there and heard that the people of DR1 are amazing and always so helpful so if you are a female travelling to PC (and I repeat female!) the week of February 18th and are willing to share your accomodations or if someone out there can help me find something at an AI in the Bavaro area...I would greatly appreciate it.

Please PM me if anyone has any suggestions. Only serious PMs please.

Thank you.

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Actually this is not a bad idea really. If you are lucky enough to find someone to share their room simply pay your portion as expected but bunk with your friends in their room on the QT.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Good luck but I personally would be a bit sceptical finding a potential roomie on the web. In the event things went sour, you could potentially be stranded until you could come up with a contingency plan.
Sometimes it is worth paying the extra $$$ for peace of mind.

Beachkit

Feb 11, 2008
Sure!

Hi,
I'm booked at the Iberostar B. and would share but I'm only there Feb 24th-27th.
If those days work, let me know.
Krista

Feb 7, 2007
To the OP: If you stay at other hotel (AI) than Iberostar, and your friends stay at Iberostar, you will NOT be able to meet them on Iberostar properties. You will not be permitted entry into Iberostar if you are not a guest there. You would need to meet your friends OUTSIDE of the resort, or in the best case, on the beach, if you can walk ON THE BEACH from your hotel to Iberostar's beach.

Just keep this in mind...

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
To the OP: If you stay at other hotel (AI) than Iberostar, and your friends stay at Iberostar, you will NOT be able to meet them on Iberostar properties. You will not be permitted entry into Iberostar if you are not a guest there. You would need to meet your friends OUTSIDE of the resort, or in the best case, on the beach, if you can walk ON THE BEACH from your hotel to Iberostar's beach.

Just keep this in mind...

Or pay for a daypass... $$$

lovetotravel

Feb 9, 2008
hi everyone...thanks for all your responses.

i know that i cant stay at the iberostar without a daypass and i dont mind paying the money but its more that i need a place to rest my head at night, shower and all that jazz. i have been on every conceivable hotel website and havent been able to find any decent AI that isnt fully booked and if there is something available, its either way to far from bavaro or way to expensive. so far the only ones available are the paradisus and the excellence and they?re both $500 a night and that is not the kind of money im willing to throw down.

again, thanks everyone for your feedback. any recommendations help and i appreciate them all!!

salud!!

beachkit...thanks for the offer but im actually heading home the week of the 25th so that wont work. i do appreciate it though!!!

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Why not stay @ a regular hotel like Cortecito Inn, and pay for a few day passes. It is no more than a 10 minute taxi ride away, maybe less, and costs $60/night.

Cortecito Inn:809-552-0780 or 809-552-0640