class rings

mart0417

Oct 25, 2006
do students in the DR get class rings when they finish school. I am not referring to university or college.

GringoCArlos

Retired Ussername
Jan 9, 2002
yes, and there is usually a jeweler designated or contracted by the particular school who will make/supply them. (as done in the states too). Cost is much less than the states, as is the quantity of gold in the rings. Many of the jewelers are in Santo Domingo /Santiago, so if they live outside, they must make a trip.

expatsooner

Bronze
Aug 7, 2004
The firm of Brador jewelers originally introduced the "American" custom of class rings to the Dominican Republic. They are the official Jostens representatives on the island.

While it is true as GringoCarlos pointed out that many of the jewelers offer a lower quality of gold in the rings for a lower price the Brador rings are not below the "American" standard.

But I especially love their "yo puedo leer" class rings for first graders. It looks just like a some high school class ring to mark the achievement of learning to read.

They have branches across the island and I personally would not patronized another jeweler when buying items where quality is important.

GringoCArlos

Retired Ussername
Jan 9, 2002
Depending on the arrangement with the school, Joyeria Suarez is a jeweler which also offers class rings. They have a store near Ave Venezuela and Autopista Las Americas, and another near MAximo Gomez y Independencia in Gazcue.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
As the person that introduced Brador to the PUCMM (It was UCMM back then), I can personally recommend their service, far beyond just good...
Julio and Marilyn provide an excellent, proud and efficient service.

HB

Tordok

Bronze
Oct 6, 2003
As the person that introduced Brador to the PUCMM (It was UCMM back then), I can personally recommend their service, far beyond just good...
Julio and Marilyn provide an excellent, proud and efficient service.

HB

As a PUCMM graduate, I can attest to the quality of my Brador ring, class of 1989.

Hillbilly, can you remind me when was the name changed? Was it 1988 or 1989?. I might be wrong, but I think that my class was the 1st or 2nd (summer commencement of 1989) to have its ring and diploma with the PUCMM name instead of UCMM. Saludos!
:glasses:

-Tordok