rancho la cumbre

Status
Not open for further replies.

gold83wing

Feb 1, 2008
I have been to the sosua area many times, but only to the rancho in the mountains a cpl times, and cant see to find it, if anyone could explain to me how to get there from sosua, pls help. I know there arent many road signs, but if you have a scanner and can trace on a map the directions it would be greatly appreciated. thank you all if you know how to get there.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I have been to the sosua area many times, but only to the rancho in the mountains a cpl times, and cant see to find it, if anyone could explain to me how to get there from sosua, pls help. I know there arent many road signs, but if you have a scanner and can trace on a map the directions it would be greatly appreciated. thank you all if you know how to get there.
You won't even need a map for this one.
Assuming you are leaving from Sosua, you head East, 10 minutes to Cabarete, and another 10 minutes to the crossroads at Sabaneta, where you turn right (North) and that's it.
30 minutes later as you crest the mountaintop and start to come down a mile or two, there it is.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Just in case.

676722x602.jpg

bakersindr

Jan 2, 2008
members.shaw.ca
Not that I know anything about the place you are giving directions to Rocky, but I'm pretty sure you are heading SOUTH if you turn right at Sabaneta. :squareeye

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Not that I know anything about the place you are giving directions to Rocky, but I'm pretty sure you are heading SOUTH if you turn right at Sabaneta. :squareeye
That's a fact, Jack.
My one mistake for the year.
Now I have to watch myself for the next 10 months.;)
Seriously though, thanks for catching that, as it might have induced someone into error.

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
You won't even need a map for this one.
Assuming you are leaving from Sosua, you head East, 10 minutes to Cabarete, and another 10 minutes to the crossroads at Sabaneta, where you turn right (North) and that's it.
30 minutes later as you crest the mountaintop and start to come down a mile or two, there it is.

Hate to nitpick, but if you are going East and turn right, wouldn't that be SOUTH?

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Hate to nitpick, but if you are going East and turn right, wouldn't that be SOUTH?
Go ahead.
Nitpick away.
And yes, you are 100% correct.
BTW: Did you happen to read bakerindr's post above?
Well, not quite above.
On the other page. Post 4, I believe.

J

John Evans

at the risk of sounding stupid (lol) what exactly is a rancho

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Rancho La Cumbre is a wonderful restaurant overlooking the Cibao valley, with good food at very reasonable prices, personable staff, and it's right at la Cumbre on the Sabaneta to Moca road.
The view is fantastic and the experience is always pleasant.

puertoplataexpat

Jan 6, 2008
To John Evans.....
A "rancho" is a ranch or ranch building....often used to describe a place built in the traditional style of the countryside.
Used as a term for breeding farms, horse riding establishments etc.
But in this case a restaurant, so probably indicates a rural setting, traditional food, countryside feel; "del campo" so to speak!

J

John Evans

ive been there ....i didnt realise it was called a rancho - I would expect horses or at least a goat in a rancho...........the steaks were very good

J

John Evans

oh aye ....lol ...and there was a cow on my plate...thank you Roxy

Status
Not open for further replies.