Where to get documents translated for immigration purposes.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
This question gets asked many times so I'm hoping to compile a list of recommended places where one can have documents translated into English for immigration purposes.

If you have gone through the process and can recommend people and places in different cities of the DR that provide this service please post here.

Santo Domingo

Santiago

Puerto Plata
Felix Mercado. (809) 360-7018 and he is at #52 Ave Colon.

He is both a legal translator and a notary public and we highly recommend them.

Thanks

Last edited:

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
In Puerto Plata, Argentina de Brugal de Le?n, an attorney with offices in Plaza Turisol, is a certified judicial translator.

I believe that to make the translations legal, they must be legalized by the Canceler?a in Santo Domingo.

caredbl84

Jan 26, 2008
and do you know a translator for the capital----Santo Domingo????? or anyone knows a translator in Santo Domingo?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
The lawyer's name is Uclenia Pe?a, she is on Ave. Lincoln opposite the Dominico-Americano, the law office is Marino Mendoza, the phone number is 809 532 5923. I don't remember who the translator is, but the point is any lawyer you use will have their own translator. Hope this helps.

Johana

May 24, 2006
In Puerto Plata Lic. Felix Antonio Mercado Vasquez. He is a lawyer and legal translator. His office address is Av Colon 52.
His # is (809) 360-7018 and he is at #52 Ave Colon.

He is both a legal translator and a notary public.

Last edited by a moderator:

eve_bebe00

Jan 21, 2008
En santiago:
Leo Augusto Curiel Bobadilla. phone: 809-528-5053, mobile: 809-223-6501
official translator for the circuit court of santiago.

melanie810

Nov 14, 2007
I have translated papers from spanish to french at the office of one legal traductor. His name is Senor George Mendoza. His phone number is 809 864 87 47
He works in Santiago

gr, melanie

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
Another Translator

Another Translator in SANTIAGO is:

Lic. Nereyda Zouain de Jorge
Res. Gran Rey, Apto B-1
Santiago, Rep. Dom.
Tel: 809-582-4055
email: nenezojo13@hotmail.com

I've had her do translations for me. The US Consulate and Embassy will accept her translations without a problem.

Texas Bill

Gersen40

Dec 11, 2008
i know one lady lawyer in santiago and so far im happy with her. she is down the road from national supmt. dolly cabreera (sp?) 2nd floor front...speaks french spanish and english....

Dolly Cabrera, is a wonderful women and very professional. I am using her services as well.:cheeky:

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
Dolly Cabrera, is a wonderful women and very professional. I am using her services as well.:cheeky:

Gersen40:

I an\m acquainted with Dolly and was unaware that she was an OFICIAL Translator recognized by the US Consulate/Embassy.

Could you clarify that for me please, since we have a myriad of documents which need to be translated for the I-130 applications for my wife and children.
Thanks

Texas Bill

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
En santiago:
Leo Augusto Curiel Bobadilla. phone: 809-528-5053, mobile: 809-223-6501
official translator for the circuit court of santiago.

My wife just contacted the above "translator" and his quote was for RD$500.00 per page for translations.

In the absence of a cheaper quote, I would say that is reasonable.

Texas Bill

emj_08

Feb 9, 2006
Cilfo Translations

Ottawa Translation Service - Translator - Gatineau Translation Service - CILFO Translations

they do everything electronically, and courierred two copies of the finished product right to my home. translations were perfect, with logos and seals and all the graphics. they made perfect reproductions. even asked me when there were words that were unclear. great communication, fair prices for certified translation. exactly what you need for immigration purposes.

amber1979

Feb 8, 2008
I am looking to translate my husbands papers here in Canada...ontario....would anyone know of a good place to go?? I feel like i am running in circles here...thanks so much

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
Amber,

I took all my documents to the multicultural center in my city (Kitchener).

If you go online to Settlement.Org - Providing information and answers to settle in Ontario, Canada. it will tell you if you have a multicultural or settlement center in your city.

I found them to be cheaper than most places.

It was $30 for the marriage certificate and $25 for all other documents.

They included a cover page from the certified translator, a photocopy of the original document and the translated information.

All three were stamped and signed by the translator and a commissioner of oath to certify the documents.

Good Luck
Sangria

HumbleHindu

Jan 14, 2010
Needed updated information regarding translation

I need to translate the spanish DR dos in english for the canadian visa? Is there any latest news on that? When I applied for the DR visa they did not accept the informal translation and I had to get legalised the docs in the embassy. Is there any procedure like that in this? Also can anyone recommend official translator in La Vega or |Santiago.