Easter Week

Dcam107

Feb 29, 2008
Hello.. I just have a few questions that someone could help me out. I'm planning to go down to Dominican March 18 to 25, 2008 and I was informed that it's santa semana there. I'm going to be staying at Breeezes in Puerto Plata and I know it's close to Sousa and Calabrete. So what is really open and what is closed.. I would like to go to the Disco's in Sousa and Calabrete and do some shopping. Does anyone know what will be open? some things have to be open I know that Good Friday is Important and Easter is, but is the night life dead that week???:eek:gre:

Please help.. ??

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Hello.. I just have a few questions that someone could help me out. I'm planning to go down to Dominican March 18 to 25, 2008 and I was informed that it's santa semana there. I'm going to be staying at Breeezes in Puerto Plata and I know it's close to Sousa and Calabrete. So what is really open and what is closed.. I would like to go to the Disco's in Sousa and Calabrete and do some shopping. Does anyone know what will be open? some things have to be open I know that Good Friday is Important and Easter is, but is the night life dead that week???:eek:gre:

Please help.. ??

In Cabarete from Friday night on is one of the best beach parties I have seen.

There are live bands all along the beach with fire works. If you do not like this place go to the next.

New years was great there but Samana weekend is crowded with locals.

I remeber last year everyone was wearing sunglasses in the evening, how Cool !

You can put your feet in the sand and enyoy some Seafood

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004

Please help.. ??

The town you refer to is in fact Cabarete.

snowbird44

Oct 29, 2004
All the music will be shut down shortly after midnight on the Thursday leading to Good Friday and it will start again at midnight on Friday. Even radio stations are playing subdued msic on Good Friday, but that is the only day. You should be able to party the rest of the time.
You are between Sosua and Cabarete in your resort; be prepared to travel (not far), if you want to leave the resort and go to either Sosua or Cabarete.