New You Tube Photo Slide Show "Carnaval Dominican Republic"

PGerace

Feb 16, 2002
Saludos!
I just posted my new photo slide show titled "Carnaval Dominican Repulic". It features many of my images of this year's Carnaval in Santo Domingo as well as other celebrations from previous visits. Other Carnavals included are La Vega, Santiago, Bonao, Puerto Plata, Monte Cristi, Guayacanes, La Romana, and San Pedro de Macoris.
Here is the link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrIBdU3SSw0.
I hope you enjoy it.
Gracias.
Paul Gerace

cjgarcia

Feb 26, 2007
Hi, just saw your youtube on the carnaval and wanted to say that it was great. Thanks for sharing your photos.mI can tell you had a great time.

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
just an opinion

The real Carnival is La Vega's. The rest can be closed down and no one would notice. I'm from La Capital, but the carnival at the Malecon is a disgrace. It is dangerous, disorganized, uncomfortable to watch..you name everything negative and it has it. Bands of tigueres roam the avenue pillaging, pickpocketing and drinking like maniacs. After 6pm they take over and it's no man's land. I saw even tourists fenced in at V Centenario Hotel running for cover after bottles were flying all over in multiple fights. It was more of a rioting scene than a carnival. The floats are ridiculous. Take for instance the one ordered by Felucho Jimenez, which should have been the best, being that it represented our tourist industry. Well, it had to be the worst. A bunch of tigueres from Gualey would have done better with a $2000 budget. The only reason I go is to take a last glance at the creative La Vega's diablos, possibly the best in the world in design, innovation, spirit and organization. They could easily fit in at the Rio Carnival. In fact, I think if their costumes could be as numerous as the Samba schools they could be among the top there. They're marvelous. Every year they get better and more. The government should make the La Vega carnival its official one and pour all the resources there by creating a Carnivaldrome or special boulevard with stands and pull it away from La Vega's streets. Regardless, the township of La Vega does a wonderful job organising this event with very little money and as far as I'm concerned, with the exception of Rio's, I would not give up a seat at this Carnival for no other.
Congratulations again to Orlando Lora and the mayor of La Vega. This Carnival should be named after Orlando. Period!
And believe me. I may never again risk my life at the Malecon.

PGerace

Feb 16, 2002
?????

................so i guess you didn't enjoy the You Tube Photo Slide Show?????????

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
welcome back golo, some of us missed your posts and your informative inside information in the dominican current events.
AZB

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
I really enjoyed Carnival in Santiago (much more than the one in La Vega) although kids did make my butt hurt with the baloons. :paranoid: I think people in Santiago have done a great job.

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
........great, but did you enjoy my You Tube Carnaval Photo Slide Show??

Of course, this is the main reason why I was reading this thread. I actually like all of your pictures. Thanks for posting them here.