Perspective and Truths about the D.R

Kemo

Nov 2, 2006
I has come to my attention the desperation that people in the Real state market and touristic development are showing to keep a good face during this tough economic times due to the world credit cruch and lack of liquidity for investment. For example this week just the head of the Sans souci development group they remodel and re-open the cruiseship terminal in the other side of the Rio Ozama. This guy told all the reporters there that those facilities are the Best in the Caribbean?????? Well San Juan facilities are consider the largest and best in the Caribbean aside of Miami. San Juan has the capacity to received between 8-9 cruiseship at a time. Also the port of martinique, Barbados, Aruba are way superior to that terminal just to name a few. This is the same guy that said a year and half ago that by now the Dominican republic will received 10 cruiseships a DAYYYYYY!!!! and all the newspapers publish that and the reporters never question it. The same goes there is a concerted effort by LF and the Dominican State to jointly control the info that may cause harm to the D.R economy. In regards to el Metro one of the engineers by Alstom was staying at the Hilton last week and i was there last week in that same hotel talking to an engineer friend of mine. This Spanish Engineer started talking about the virtue of the Metro that his company was always interested in doing business with the D.R and that the Metro is the most Modern in Latin America. I turn to him are you sure about that???? is it more modern than TU in San Juan he said well cannot compare the san Juan metro because Puerto rico is not a country that is U.S. I said fine is it more modern than Miraflores line in Caracas , than Vina del mar-valparaiso line in Chile. We'll he said that this is the newest so it has to be the most modern??? that is not true the train cars lacked allot the most modern technical features that this other trains have. Well after a few drinks this engineer simply admitted that LF government is using that slogan and that is what it is. So my going back to my points perspective and truths it is very hard to obtain the truth in places when the Free press and Government are in a concerted effort to omit the truth on fears of bad perspectives created on the country.

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
I havent read a post of this guy not comparing Santo Domingo Assets with those of Puerto Rico always putting PR as superior. What is your problem with Dominicans???

About the Metro line is the same as the latest one in Barcelona so it has all of the tech features you could ask. What is your agenda I may ask??

Kemo

Nov 2, 2006
I havent read a post of this guy not comparing Santo Domingo Assets with those of Puerto Rico always putting PR as superior. What is your problem with Dominicans???

About the Metro line is the same as the latest one in Barcelona so it has all of the tech features you could ask. What is your agenda I may ask??

Yes i am comparing it to Puerto rico and to Chile and Caracas and if you wish we could compare it to mexico lines that are more modern???????