How to get a residency card in the DR?

sammyy

Mar 16, 2008
I am a American who visits the DR like 4 times a year. I have a girl friend here.Of late I have really started to love Santo Domingo, and every time I go back to New York, I feel uncomfortable. Maybe I am falling for the DR.

And if this affair with the DR deepens, I may wanna stay here for ever.Which bring me to the question that I have,

How can I get residency here and how much does it cost? And how long does it take to get it? And what papers do I need to get it?

Thanks in advance!

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Sammyy - Search this forum for residence as this has been discussed a lot and all of your question have been answered. Good Luck.

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Tranquilo......

How can I get residency here and how much does it cost? And how long does it take to get it? And what papers do I need to get it?

Start here:
::::Direcci?n General de Migraci?n::: Rep?blica Dominicana

On the other hand there's no need to rush things.
You can come on a tourist's visa (as you have done so far) and overstay (for which the penalty fees are moderate).
I'd wait and see how things turn out here first ...

m'frog

queffgwada

Apr 7, 2008
I've been quoted some 25 000 pesos to have cedula + permiso residencia made by a lawyer in SD. Does it sound a correct price to you? (I can't do it myself, as not able to stay in DR for the moment). He also quoted 50 000 pesos for creating our company, with little capital (100 000 pesos)... Any advice welcome... Thanks