Sosua: hotel and confused

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldWriter

Mar 28, 2008
I'm traveling in a couple of weeks to Sosua; setting up base camp to shuttle for a few days between the Playa Grande and Playa Dorada golf courses.

I've heard mixed messages about the hotels and which offers the best accomidations in terms of clean rooms, comfortable beds, relative quiet and easy access to strolling about town: Casa Valeria, New Garden or Hotel Casa Cayena.

I was going to stay at the latter, but I've read a review by a recent guest that suggested its not a very good value and the rooms are, well, not very fresh.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I'm traveling in a couple of weeks to Sosua; setting up base camp to shuttle for a few days between the Playa Grande and Playa Dorada golf courses.

I've heard mixed messages about the hotels and which offers the best accomidations in terms of clean rooms, comfortable beds, relative quiet and easy access to strolling about town: Casa Valeria, New Garden or Hotel Casa Cayena.

I was going to stay at the latter, but I've read a review by a recent guest that suggested its not a very good value and the rooms are, well, not very fresh.

Thanks in advance for your help.
All three are good and you are correct that the latter offers a bit less value, although I have never heard any negative cleanliness/freshness comments.
Anyhow, Casa Valeria is more quaint, New Garden is very much a single guy's hotel, and Casa Cayena somewhere in between, but a bit pricier.

OldWriter

Mar 28, 2008
Thank you, Rocky, for your swift reply.
Here's the logistical tie breaker: Since I'm renting a car, which offers easy parking and is located such that I won't need it to hang out once I return from golf?

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
For the most part all 3 hotels mentioned are basic. Casa Cayena has a gauntlet of massage girls as you walk up the hill on the cornor. Casa Valaria is probably the most low key of the 3 ( for bringing in different chicas ) but has great food. Hotel New Garden is in my opinion is the best value. All 3 are no frill lodging. Stayed at Casa Cayena back in November for 6 nights and i will never stay there again. Will be at New Garden in the very near future.

OldWriter

Mar 28, 2008
I ment not needing the car after hours, Rocky; desiring a locating close to the center of things as opposed to the outskirts of town.

Thanks, again.

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
New Garden is a 1 minute walk to Rockys and a 3 minute walk to Britannia Bar depending on how fast you walk. All 3 places you mentioned are in the middle of town.

wishingiwasthere

Nov 19, 2005
I would suggest that the New Garden or Casa Valaria would be good bets. Also - they are on the same road. Walk to the end and get your car from LuandI - just past the massage girls at the end of the road - ( just past Bon Ice Cream ) and you can park in their car park of a night time with a 1 min walk back to your hotel.
Its a safe - well lit area and should cause you no problems.

From the nearest car place - Casa Cayan is closest ( 30 second walk ), then New Garden ( they do know people who hire cars out - so they should be safely parked outside ) and Casa V - you can park over the road.

Just picking up that parking is of concern to you. I may have mis read that and wasted a min of your life lol

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
All 3 hotels are on the same street, a 2 or 3 minute walk between the 2 farthest points, so no problem about location.
All are good.

bobytanmalo28

Jan 14, 2007
Too rich for me

New Garden is more expensive than the others, as I found out today in their return email

Hello Robert,
thanks for your mail,

for june 28th to 30th, today we have only two rooms available,

the rate is US$ 70.00 a night, for a double occupancy, including breakfast and lock box,

for a reservation, please confirm asap,

bye
Wilfried

i'm sorry, i meant may,

thats's our rate all over the year,

Wilfried

Status
Not open for further replies.