LOOKING FOR DR FRIENDS FROM THE 50's

PeterB

Mar 31, 2008
I was quite young when I stayed in the DR for several months. I lived with a family at 333 Independence Ave named Ibarra-Fort. Dr. Antonio Ibarra-Fort was educated in the US at Columbia University, but he never practice medicine in the DR. Instead, he owned Banco de Credito, which I understood was the only private bank on the island at that time. He owned the bank during and after the reign of Rafael L. Trujillo, and it is my understanding that two of his children, now in their 60's, may still live on the island... The daughter is named Honna, and one of the son's is named Francis... Alexis was the second son, but I was told he was killed years ago... Dr. Ibarra-Fort's wife was named Margaret or "Maggie"... If anyone knows anything about the Ibarra-Fort family, I would deeply appreciate any information...
Blessing to All,
Thank you,
Anam Cara,
PeterB

Mary R

Feb 2, 2009
Re Ibarra Fort inquiry of March 08

Would Peter B who posted about the Ibarra Fort family (way back at the end of March 08) please respond to my email address. I was the young girl who spent the summer of 1956 in the DR. Mary

Mary R

Feb 2, 2009
Found Friends from the 50's

Thanks for the link to the DR yellow pages (why didn't I think of that?). I called the number & it was the person I was looking for. We got cut off in mid conversation but I'm confident we will reconnect as I left my number. His number was busy when I called back - he was looking for his sister so we could talk.

Mary R

Feb 2, 2009
BTW - I am very new to forums such as this & do not know my way around. What does PM mean, as in Check your PM.

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
Mary R- PM means "private messages" go to the top-right of the page and you are going to see----
Welcome, Mary R
you last visited:
Private Messages-"click here"