Playa Naco Resort

D

Deb

Has anyone stayed at the Playa Naco Resort? I looked in the resort database, but the only listing was in Spanish.

Is Playa Naco a good resort to stay at? I stayed at Club on the Green last time I was in DR, but I would like to stay somewhere closer to the beach and the discos.

I'm also traveling alone, so I would like to stay at a resort that is good for single travelers (and I *don't* mean single traveler as in looking for romance). Any suggestions?

Thanks!

W

Wade

A lot of people love Playa Naco. We stayed one night there as our plane was delayed an entire day so our tour company gave us a complimentary night there. Not sure if it was because we were tired or because we had spent the week at a 5 star resort first, but we found the resort and room a little run down. It has a nice pool area with a water falls but the pool area was completely fenced in with no view of the ocean or anything beyond buildings. The beach is shared with at least a dozen other resorts so you'll have plenty of company down there. If you like lots of choices for night life then you'll probably enjoy it there as there are plenty of discos within walking distance. I looked it up in our brochure and it is rated as 4 star resort a rating that I think is very generous for the place. I would not rate it more than 3 stars.
Just my opinion.

wade

P

Phyllis

I have to disagree with Wade - I've stayed at Playa Naco several times and have always enjoyed my stay. Mainly because of the people, they are very friendly and helpful; trust me I've stayed at a few of the all inclusive resorts within the Playa Dorada complex. If you want specifics, just email me.

W

Wade

I'm not sure what you disagree with. I stated that my opinion was based on one night stay. Playa Naco is one of the older resorts in the area and to me it looked like it needed some upkeep. I found the staff friendly, as I have at all the resorts I've stayed at. As as I said in my earlier post, a lot of people have had a wonderful time there and you probably would too. I just can't give it a glowing recommendation as there are so many other resorts that I would choose over Playa Naco.

Have fun!

Wade
(just cranky cause I'm not going)

M

Milli

Deb I must agree with Phyllis. This resort is very nice, the staff are very friendly. This resort is central to everything. You are within a 5min walk to the Playa Dorada Plaza and within walking distance to the happening discos at night.

Here is a website you should go and check out. It lists reviews of the Playa Naco and mine is listed here. I also have some photos posted that this website. Both of my stays at the resort were in October then in January. I really liked it there! Have fun!

<A HREF="http://www.debbiesdominicantravel.com/travel7.html">http://www.debbiesdominicantravel.com/travel7.html</A>

S

stefanie

I have stayed at this hotel twice. The first being better then the second. The second I traveled alone, and I would have to say the room they gave me was nasty. I was happier staying at the hotel Lomar on the malecon. The staff at the Naco are very friendly and it is nice to be right by the beach. Although I was walking distance from the beach while at the Lomar. The room at the Naco, second time, was small and slighty run down. Then again it seemed the whole hotel was slighty run down compared to my first visit. I would say it is average. And I was rarely in my room anyway. I guess I was salty because I spent $1000 US and was expecting a little better room. But they do not get many singles, not much of a demand for single rooms. Now if you could, down the road is a really nice hotel. Cannot remember the name, Occidantal? It is right next to the hotel that has the club Crazy Moon, and it is right on the beach also.Good Luck