Rental Cars -My Experience-

R

Ruben

I have used rental cars (mostly from National) on my last four trips to the DR and I have extensively driven from SD to Santiago and POP. The cars have performed reasonably well and uneventfully. On the downside I have to say that the cars were a bit smelly and very expensive, so were fuel prices.

One certainly can beat those costs by travelling by bus, but at a great loss of time and convenience. By the way, make sure you bring with you a good supply of wipees, napkins and deodorant.....last but not least, beware of red-eye infection, DO NOT touch your eyes with your bare fingers.

K

Katia

Thank you for sharing your experience with me. You've just convinced me NOT to rent a car.

Katia

T

Tom

Iv'e rented dozens of cars from National in the DR with never any problems or unsatisfactory cars

They do tend to be small and unerpowered by US Standards, but you will appreciat ethe fuel savings

K

Katia

Hi Tom !

Where are you located in DR ? I will be in Juan Dolio the first few days.

Can you tell me your rates etc.

Thanks a million

Katia

T

Tom

I'm in the US right now, but I can meet you anytime. $200.00 per hour plus expenses should do it for "straight" stuff, more if you want to get kinky :)

R

Roberto

My Experience-was better then yours Ruben

Hello all
I have being Renting Car since the 1991
with many Rental Companies that I will not wite they name
I also had send many Friends and clients there

no body had ever told me any thing negative
and my personal experience are
that when you are in trouble with you car you get imediat help comapir with others
about the price I find it yes expencif compair with others Country
but about insurance they have very good insurance
fore example if you care are complitlly broke A Opel Corsa

you only pay 2.500 pesos and sometime you can pay A extra insurance per day that covers you 100%
fore this Island I would say
based on my experience that they are simply the best

K

Katia

I don't know what the deal is but Tom, someone is playing with my email address.

Sorry,

Katia

P

pascal

Re: Is your real name possibly be Howard Hughes? ;

Never have I encountered any issue with National other than off the plane It takes guts to negotiate prices. I always have the invoice from my previous trip , it helps mostly if you book through internet otherwise you get the upper price range. Service is good and price mind you reasonable.
There is a storage center full of brand new vehicles on the avenue kennedy owned by the Ford dealer in st domingo .Most of the vehicle you may hire with national are in good shape. board.