Bus, jewelry and beach questions (in 3 diff parts of the country)

mariel

Dominisueca
Apr 7, 2004
Hello,

I've been asked 2 questions in the travel forum I frequent and wanted to confirm what I'd answer before I give the wrong information.

1) Is there any bus schedule that goes Barahona-Jarabacoa/La Vega?
- I think there isn't and that one has to go to SD to change buses.

2) Some people are taking a cruise that will stop in Saman? city for 8 hours and they want to spend the day at the closest/nicest beach but want to spend as little as possible in transport. I thought of either going to Las Terrenas or Las Galeras or taking a boat to Cayo Levantado. Are my suggestions right? If so, how much would a boat trip to Cayo Levantado (non tour) would charge them or how much is a bus/taxi to Las Terrenas/Las Galeras (or any other nearer/nicer beach)? I've only been there to AI's.

3) A woman bought a necklace in Punta Cana 3 years ago, made of black volcanic stones. Unfortunately the necklace broke and they would like to have the name of the stone so that they can buy it online. I *think* those necklaces are sold in every tourist spot because some sellers were trying to make Mr. Sweden buy one for me at Los 3 Ojos, but I only know the stone by "piedra volc?nica" (volcanic stone). I haven't got a picture of it. Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance.

Borec

Dec 20, 2005
1 - I think you are right, the shortest direct road b/w the two goes through SD. There is a road through San Jose de Ocoa and Constanza, but only for SUVs, and even though it might see more direct on the map, it is a whole day trip.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
BArahona-> Santo Domingo. Then Santo
Domingo -> Jarabacoa is the ONLY way, IF you do not have a very good SUV and tons of money for "whatever" ....

They could grab a guagua to Las Galeras for the day.... or walk over to the little beach in back of the hotel...

They are on a cruise and pinching pennies???

HB

mariel

Dominisueca
Apr 7, 2004
That's what I thought too, but I don't look for unnecessary trouble so I didn't even hint that.

Thank you and Borec for confirming and teaching me something new about Barahona-SD-Constanza.

They are on a cruise and pinching pennies???