New Mall/Plaza in Santiago?

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Does anybody know about the new plaza across from the Codetel bldg on JP Duarte just East of the elevado?

A person at Codetel tells me they heard it is going to be a plaza. It looks to be pretty big. Hope they have a cinema and departement store with some nice restaurenst, maybe like authentic NY style pizza.

thanks

ZEUS

Bronze
Feb 14, 2003
Hi, chip. I heard the same thing about a huge Mall being built there. As far as the NY pizza, let me get your mouth watering, a block from my cave, there's REAL Italian
pizzaria. Just the other day I had a beautiful slice with EXTRA cheese. Watered down with a NICE cold presidente from across the street. The beer was not like those we had at Ahi Bar, but it was ok.

BWT, my next trip is planned for September for my B'day. More on this later..

Be well. Adios,

Zeus

Sep 19, 2005
we drove by it this past weekend and Tavina looked back and said" wow I never saw that before".. I could see store front displays in large glass fronts. But from the size...it cant be that big.....it was less than a block long from what I saw. and only 2 floors. It is between Ave feb 27 and Duarte....with the exception of at least one large building on either end...

so how big can it be..unless it is over a block deep!

bob

J

John Evans

lets hope its not a white elephant like the colinas mall- nice place but not a lot in it

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
I passed that building yesterday... it is way too small for a mall-type plaza...maybe there will be 3 or 4 stores/restaurants....definitely not big enough for a cinema...(at least by the view I had)

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I heard that was filling up nicely recently, is that not so? I live like 5 streets down from there in the Colinas.

To my surprise, the colinas mall is finally filling up. Most locales are filled with new businesses. I am glad to see this pleasant change. This is good for santiago's economy.
AZB

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
It seems malls are "the new thing" in this country....there are several new, huge malls being built in Santo Domingo, even though there are already quite a few - some not doing that well...and in Punta Cana, there's one doing very well, and two more in the works...

J

John Evans

i must pay it another visit - it was just jewelry and a stationary store the last time i went- but it looked nice and it was air conditioned