Land Titulo

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
I hope Mr Guzman or somebody can help with this one. I bought some land in 2003 and now want to sell it. Quite understandably the purchaser wants a titulo to the land but although I have paid all the taxes the office in Samana will not issue it because they say: that their records only show details from my old passport which was renewed in February 2004. My lawyer says she has spoken to the Samana Office and they have eventually said that they can process the titulo but the official concerned has a big pile on his desk and I will have to wait until he gets to it!! I have now been waiting 5 months and quite naturally my buyer is getting very anxious. Is there anything I can do?

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
I sold my D.R. property 2 months ago. The records showed my old passport. On the sale contract, the lawyer indicated my old passport as well as my renewed one with a copy of both passports. The buyer had no problem with the registration in the Higuey Office.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
I hope Mr Guzman or somebody can help with this one. I bought some land in 2003 and now want to sell it. Quite understandably the purchaser wants a titulo to the land but although I have paid all the taxes the office in Samana will not issue it because they say: that their records only show details from my old passport which was renewed in February 2004. My lawyer says she has spoken to the Samana Office and they have eventually said that they can process the titulo but the official concerned has a big pile on his desk and I will have to wait until he gets to it!! I have now been waiting 5 months and quite naturally my buyer is getting very anxious. Is there anything I can do?

He is looking for a 'tip,' or bribe. Thats the way things work here.

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
It's strange that five years after your purchase you still don't have a title. Was there an inheritance or "deslinde" involved? You should check into the status of your file at the Registry Office.